This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful countryside site on the outskirts of Assen
- A few minutes from a reservoir and beach for fishing and canoeing
- Toilets, showers, free wifi, recreation area and big covered terrace
Campsite De Ommekeer is a small campsite on the outskirts of Assen, surrounded by lush countryside and only a few minutes away from a reservoir, ideal for swimming, fishing and canoeing.
The campsite only has a small number of pitches and it mainly welcomes families and couples, meaning no loud groups disturbing your holiday or sleep. It is equipped with essential facilities such as toilets and showers, a washing-up corner and a recreation area with a TV, a large covered terrace with picnic tables and free wifi.
The staff is always at hand with tips and suggestions about nearby activities or restaurants.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Water hook-up points for caravans
De Ommekeer is in the peaceful village of Witten, on the outskirts of Assen. It is in an ideal spot for enjoying the great outdoors thanks to its vicinity to a reservoir. Here guests can try swimming, windsurfing, canoeing, and fishing or just relax on the beach.
There are also many walks available near the site as well as cycling paths. You can walk all the way to Pelinck Forest and have a picnic in the wood.
Assen is only 2.5 kilometres away. Besides the shops and restaurants, there are numerous churches, galleries and museums open to the public.
There is a small restaurant 500 metres away and the nearest supermarket is 1.9 kilometres away.
- Does Camping de Ommekeer have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping de Ommekeer dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping de Ommekeer? De Ommekeer is in the peaceful village of Witten, on the outskirts of Assen. It is in an ideal spot for enjoying the great outdoors thanks to its vicinity to a reservoir. … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping de Ommekeer?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.