This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family site by a lake in the woods outside Enschede
- 20 minutes' bike ride from Enschede's museums, shops and cafés
- On-site restaurant serving breakfast, snacks, ice cream and full meals
City life or rural relaxing? Dither not, for you can and shall have the best of both. Settle in for a stay at Camping De Twentse Es and you’ll be enveloped by the gorgeous greenery of the Twente region yet only 20 minutes’ bike ride from central Enschede for all the museum visiting, shop browsing and café hopping that come with a city break.
There’s plenty to keep you happily occupied on site too: in summer the animation team gets busy concocting a menu of activities for all ages – daytime football games and talent shows for the kids, followed by family-friendly fun in the evenings, maybe in the form of bingo, Dutch theme nights or (slightly unusual one, this) Highland games.
Amongst these offerings, there’s time for table tennis, bouncing on the giant inflatables and dips in the outdoor swimming pool. Fingers crossed, also some time for a bit of a chilled sit down – drag a chair down to the water’s edge for some lakeside lounging; accessorise with a fishing rod and you may just hook out a carp or two.
For feeding time, the city centre’s full of fab places to eat, or you can stick around for meals from the on-site restaurant. Other foody/snacky/drinky needs can be sorted at the site’s mini market or with a 10-minute trot to the nearest supermarket.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Excellent site, friendly staff, very clean. Great for the kids.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Lage zur Stadt
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 sites)
This is an ace spot for those who like to get out and about on foot or by bike. Call into reception or the local tourist office for some ideas: perhaps head to the nature trails of the Haagse Bos or take an architectural tour of the city’s Roombeek district, each reachable within an easy half-hour cycle.
In the city centre, visit the Rijksmuseum Twenthe to wander round its fab collection of art from across the ages, including works by Dutch masters and contemporary artists. Nearby, the Twentsewelle Museum is a family-friendly place with ever-changing exhibitions and plenty of interactive bits and bobs for kids.
A good kid-friendly day out is the Waarbeek amusement park, 20 minutes’ drive from the site, where there’s all sorts of old-school fun including bumper cars, a toboggan run and a big wheel. Adults and kids of six and over can also get up into the trees at Rutbeek climbing park, half an hour away, for adventure courses up in the woodland canopy.
- Does Camping De Twentse Es have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping De Twentse Es dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping De Twentse Es? This is an ace spot for those who like to get out and about on foot or by bike. Call into reception or the local tourist office for some ideas: perhaps head ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping De Twentse Es?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.