This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Wildlife haven site 10 minutes’ walk from a sandy Livonian coast beach
- A 15-minute drive from Slīteres National Park and 40 from Ventspils
- Playground, beach volleyball, summer café and plenty of green space
Settle in for wildlife haven stays at Camping Miķeļbāka, a family-friendly site under five minutes’ drive from the Targales village of Mikeltornis.
This is a top spot for anyone who’s in need of a beachy getaway without all the crowds: on the Livonian coast of the Kurzeme region, Camping Miķeļbāka is less than 10 minutes’ amble from lengthy sandy stretches with loads of room to spread out, run around, or attempt your latest sandcastle masterpiece (taking a dip or casting a line into the ocean come highly recommended too).
It's an excellent slice of Latvian coast for the environmentally conscious too: this part of coastline is firmly free of factories and other industrial nasties… just made up of 80 kilometres of beaches and pine forests to wander around (with a few urban options and countryside national parks to pick from in the area too).
All ages are sorted for options on site too: kids can run riot in the playground, grownups can join them for a game of beach volleyball and there’s lots of open green space for football or whatever else tickles fancies. The on-site summer café should keep everyone fully fuelled; for sorting your own eats, pick up supplies in Mikeltornis village five minutes' walk away, or bag all you could possibly need in Ventspils, 40 minutes' drive along the coast.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Very large (over 200 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Caravan storage facilities
You don’t have to rouse yourself too far from base for a nicely photogenic attraction: Miķeļbāka lighthouse, the tallest in Latvia, is a couple of minutes' drive or five minutes' walk away.
Still niftily within easy reach is Slītere National Park, 10 minutes’ drive away just over the Ventspils County border. There’s some spectacular scenery to take in among its forests, dunes and marshes – again, bring your camera – and the park is one of the most famed areas of Latvia for birdwatching due to its setting along the Baltic migratory flyways. Train your eagle eyes upwards for great grey owls, bar-tailed godwits and flocks of tens of thousands of birds passing over the park in migrating season; on land, Slītere is home to elks, Eurasian lynxes and grey wolves.
Must-sees further afield include medieval Dundaga Castle, surrounded by water on three sides (30 minutes); Kolka village and Cape Kolka (35 minutes), and the handsome port city of Ventspils (also 35 minutes), for museums, street sculptures, a ski slope and a seaside park with open-air and indoor museum. The city’s tourist information centre is a couple of kilometres from the seaside park.
It’s also well worth the drive to the scenic town of Kuldiga and Europe’s widest waterfall (an hour and 15 minutes), and to Latvia’s capital Riga, two and a half hours from the site.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Miķeļbāka have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Miķeļbāka dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Miķeļbāka? You don’t have to rouse yourself too far from base for a nicely photogenic attraction: Miķeļbāka lighthouse, the tallest in Latvia, is a couple of minutes' drive or five minutes' walk away. … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Miķeļbāka?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 3 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon