This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet family-friendly site with easy access to hiking paths
- Excellent base for Umbria and for day trips to Rome or Florence
- Two swimming pools and an on-site restaurant serving local gastronomy
What an excellent Italian base... Umbria's Camping Monti del Sole is scenically set in an eight-hectare wooded estate, just five kilometres from the ancient town of Narni, and less than an hour's drive from Rome – and 20km from the splendid Marmore Falls and Lake Piediluco, and 30 from Spoleto and Tofi, and within driving distance of Florence for day trips…
Although it's set in ancient old Umbria, the family-owned site has its facilities bang up to date: there's a pool and a paddling pool, a play area, ping pong tables and a sports court for volleyball, tennis and football.
If you're a bit of a foodie (quite likely with a hol in these parts), you'll find a good and tasty range of traditional local dishes at the bar-restaurant, as well as what the Camping Monti del Sole owners intriguingly describe as alternative medieval recipes – they reckon that food fans will be more than chuffed.
Guests have full access to the site amenities, including toilet and shower blocks and a laundry room with coin-operated machines.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Campeggio molto pulito e tranquillo, personale cordiale
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Propane/gas cylinders available
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Public transportation nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 sites)
Camping Monti del Sole's local town of Narni is pretty close to the geographical centre of Italy, so a stay at the site can see you striking out in any direction via Umbria's handsome towns and small medieval villages.
Ancient Narni should be a first stop: the area around here has been inhabited since Neolithic times and the town was once a Roman municipality and outpost for the Roman army. The medieval part of Narni is the area that's survived, apart from the one remaining arch of the famed Roman bridge Ponte d'Augusto, one of the biggest ever built. Narni these days is a lively little town with many a summer event such as food fests, music nights and medieval events.
Also-ancient Spoleto, with Roman theatre, amphitheatre, Roman house and thirteenth century aqueduct, is 20km from base, as is the hilled town of Todi overlooking the River Tiber. Umbria's capital and chocolate production land Perugia is 80km away, Assisi and its cathedral is about an hour's drive, and Florence is about two and a half hours from Narni.
If you'd prefer a day in the countryside, the Roman-made waterfall of Marmore Falls and Lake Piediluco Lake are both 15 minutes' drive away, the narrow gorges of the Nera river are a bit of a must, and outdoor activities like horse riding, cycling, mountain biking and hiking are all easily accessible nearby.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Monti del Sole have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Monti del Sole dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Monti del Sole? Camping Monti del Sole's local town of Narni is pretty close to the geographical centre of Italy, so a stay at the site can see you striking out in any direction via … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Monti del Sole?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 9 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon