This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful mountain site in the Dolomites
- Surrounded by ski resorts, spa towns and medieval castles
- Solar-heated outdoor pool with spectacular mountain views
There are certain phrases that just sound fab. And 'pitching up in the Italian Alps, actually', when asked about your forthcoming holiday plans, is most certainly one of them.
And if you seek yet more boastworthy lines to annoy or induce envy in peeps back home? Try 'spectacular mountain views', 'forest hikes', 'a spot of skiing' (natch) and 'of course one must also visit the local spa towns': sorted.
All these bragging rights can be accessed at Camping Park Baita Dolomiti, a peaceful mountain site on flat terrain in the resort of Sarnonico, Alta Val di Non. It's 40 kilometres north of the Trentino region's capital Trento, and among the Dolomites, a section of the Alps in the far north of Italy famed for its sawtooth limestone peaks, forested gorges and plateau lakes. A lake is a kilometre and a half away, and canyon trips as well as marked hiking and mountain biking trails are a couple of kilometres away.
As you'd expect with this excellent locale, the mountain views on site are tiptop too. As are the facilities, of two solar-heated pools (one for adults, one for kids; both with lush views), a playground, a sports court, and a restaurant dishing up local cuisine. Fresh bread is available to order in high season and a supermarket is within walking distance.
An 18-hole golf course is nearby and the area is surrounded by hikes across the valley's forests and meadows, such as 12 that start at Romeno four kilometres away, taking you to Cavareno, Sarnonico and Fondo among other splendidly scenic destinations.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Some serious hiking is around these mountainous parts: access one or more of a dozen or so trails at nearby Romeno, ranging from just under four or five to 16 or 17 kilometres across varied terrain.
If the thought of mountain hikes makes you baulk, have gentle walks around the historical spots in the area instead, like the San Lorenzo, Santa Maria and Seio churches in nearby Sarnonico village, or the medieval castles including Tyrol, Runkelstein and Hocheppan a little further afield.
Within 50 minutes by car or about two hours by public transport is the region's capital, Trento, with the art collections of Buonconsiglio Castle and the frescoed facades of its Renaissance palaces.
There are also several well-known spa towns within easy reach, such as Merano and Rabbi, both 50 minutes by car, Lèvico Terme (one hour) and Peio, at an hour and 10 minutes' drive.
Other must-sees in the region include spectacular Lake Tovel in Adamello Brenta Nature Park, the ancient sanctuary of medieval hilltop fort San Romedio as well as Castel Thun and the Brenta Dolomites – a UNESCO-listed habitat for brown bears.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Park Baita Dolomiti have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Park Baita Dolomiti dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Park Baita Dolomiti? Some serious hiking is around these mountainous parts: access one or more of a dozen or so trails at nearby Romeno, ranging from just under four or five to 16 or 17 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Park Baita Dolomiti?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 11:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.