This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Seaside site in Calabria, a four-minute drive from sandy beaches
- Castles, temple ruins and marine reserve all within a half-hour drive
- Café-bar and shop on-site; bike hire and sea and mountain excursions
Beaches + ruins + wildlife + you = ? No puzzles; Pythagoras found the answer here 25 centuries back.
Crotone, the main town in this marvellous bit of Italy's Calabrian coast, was once called Kroton, a Greek colony and home to master-mathematician Pythagoras. Traces of the Greek settlers and everyone else who wanted a piece of this fab landscape are dotted down the coast, along with wide sandy beaches and secluded coves.
See the lot from a comfortable base at Camping Residence Il Faro, a family-friendly site four minutes' drive from a sandy beach, with a bar serving breakfasts and snacks and a mini-market for basic supplies. Those sea views all around will tempt you out to explore and handily enough, there's bike hire from the site and they'll organise excursions for you on water and on land, from exploring the teeming life of the nearby marine reserve in glass-bottomed boats to touring the ancient hilltop villages.
For shops, eats and general promenading, it's a 15-minute walk into Capo Rizzuto, well worth a look for its lighthouse and pair of lookout towers. To explore the coast and its history and beaches, hike or drive 25 minutes to Le Castella, whose Aragonese fort testifies to the legions of foreign powers who pitched up on these shores; the fort museum segues into the life-story of Le Castella's most infamous son: a local lad who became the Muslim pirate Uluç Ali Paşa after being kidnapped by Saracen raiders.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Propane/gas cylinders available
Horseback riding nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Touring and motorhomes
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Medium (26-50 sites)
In same museum they've put up a screen with a live feed to underwater cameras capturing the diverse wildlife of the nearby seabeds. It's a combination you'll come across all over: at Capo Colonna (half an hour) the last remaining pillar of an ancient Greek temple sits alone over the marine reserve. You can organise boat trips from the site to see the shoals of fish darting through the seagrass prairies, or scuba dive for close-ups of the starfish and barracudas.
Also around half an hour's drive away, Crotone is a town marked by its encounters with Greeks, Romans, Ostrogoths, Venetians, and the Kingdoms of Sicily and Sardinia. Wander the assorted remains of walls, watchtowers, forts and palaces around the town, get an in-depth view at the archaeological museum and be sure to peruse the coastline nearby for its watersports and hidden rocky coves (some said to have harboured various mythical and historical fugitives, including Hannibal).
For inland explorations, head to the Valle Cupe (an hour and 10 minutes) at the tip of the Sila national park: wander forested trails through the vast gorges past nesting raptors and waterfalls feeling as if the ancients never left the place.
- Does Camping Residence Il Faro have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Residence Il Faro dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Residence Il Faro? In same museum they've put up a screen with a live feed to underwater cameras capturing the diverse wildlife of the nearby seabeds. It's a combination you'll come across all over: at ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Residence Il Faro?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 9 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.