This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family-friendly site in the scenic Abruzzo National Park
- Under 10 minutes' walk to boating and beaches on Lago di Barrea
- Bar-restaurant, MTB and e-bike rental, and bookable private bathrooms
Settle in for nature-filled hols at Camping Wolf – a family-friendly site on the outskirts of the village of Civitella Alfedena and 25 minutes’ drive from the town of Pescasseroli in Abruzzo – where the whole family will be howling for longer stays.
The site’s not just in the Abruzzo region, it’s in the Abruzzo National Park, putting getaways within easy reach of hiking trails, stunning scenery and wildlife spotting: deer and foxes put in regular appearances around the site (though to spy out bears, eagles and wolves, wanders further afield will be required), and guests will likely awaken to the peaceful sound of birdsong on the air.
Unsurprisingly, this is a top area for explores too. Not much of a hiker? There’s mountain bike and e-bike rental on site, so whizzing up and down hilly paths is a quick pedal (or not, if everyone favours the e-bikes) away.
Appetites will likely be heightened by all the fresh air and exercise, so be prepared to toddle along to the bar-restaurant on site to peruse the menu of traditional local cuisine – made with organic products – and a selection of organic wines and craft beers. In the mood for something more basic? Pick up supplies in Pescasseroli and get to grilling on one of the firepit and barbecue stands.
And finally… if sharing a bathroom (new in 2019) with everyone else on site doesn't appeal, there are private bathrooms available to book.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Wildish camping with fantastic facilities! Will return!!!
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Servizi comodi, belle docce
From the manager...
Gentile sig.ra D'Angelo,
Struttura eccellente calcolando che viaggio da 20 anni
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Motorhome service point
Never let it be said that the site owners haven't pick a splendidly apt moniker for their place… Camping Wolf is a five-minute walk from the centre of Civitella Alfedena and its Wolf Museum, where guests can learn all about the wolves that are native to the area. Lucky types may also cross paths with one of the wolf packs on explores of Abruzzo National Park.
Sticking with villages and museums, head next to Villetta Barrea five minutes’ drive away to get a proper taste of Italy at the Museum of Transhumance, where there are tasting areas and exhibits of food, wine and artisan products. For something more refreshing, toddle along to Lago di Barrea – 10 minutes’ walk from the site – for boats to rent, beaches to laze on and paddles to take.
When more urban days are needed, the town of Pescasseroli is 25 minutes away. Explore the Old Town at leisure, traipse among shops and, even if stays don’t coincide with snowy weather, get out on the ski slopes to get a gander at the spectacular views hereabouts.
Curious about local history? The eight-century Benedictine monastery of Abbazia di San Vincenzo al Volturno and the International War Museum of the World Wars are both 50 minutes away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Wolf have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Wolf dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Wolf? Never let it be said that the site owners haven't pick a splendidly apt moniker for their place… Camping Wolf is a five-minute walk from the centre of Civitella Alfedena and its … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Wolf?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 10:30 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.