This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful seafront site with gardens leading to Variko beach
- Around 16 kilometres from Mount Olympus National Park
- Restaurant and bar open all day for meals and drinks
Gods, goddesses and mere mortals all have a place at Camping Stolos, a heavenly spot a short drive from the edge of Mount Olympus National Park, where the eponymous mountain – one of the country's most famed sights – dominates the skyline.
Organised mountain hikes and mountaineering and climbing routes are available to visitors who want to get stuck into exploring the mountain’s 52 peaks, with tours usually departing from the town of Litochoro, around 20 minutes’ drive away. If you’re partial to a historic jaunt, join guided excursions to the mountain and other Greek sightseeing highlights like the nearby Archaeological Park of Dion.
Otherwise, hanging around the site and the nearby beach are spot-on options instead: set most handsomely on the seafront, Camping Stolos is a peaceful park with gardens running all the way down to Variko beach on the north-eastern coast of mainland Greece. Or have leisurely days among the grounds, with lots of lounging around sunny areas or in the partial shade of many mature trees, or rouse yourself to a little bit of action at the beach volleyball court.
The site’s restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the bar serves up tipples throughout the day. For self-catered stays, harvest groceries at the park’s own shop and use the communal barbecues to sort alfresco soirées.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Small (11-25 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
This area is a historian’s paradise, with several famed ancient attractions within easy reach.
Not far from the site lie the swampland and ancient city ruins making up the Archaeological Park of Dion, the best-known historic spot around Mount Olympus and an absolute must-see. The park's also home to critters from frogs, fish and turtles to birds, butterflies and dragonflies, so have a wander here if you’re into nature spotting too.
Outdoorsy peeps have many an option here too, with mountaineering, climbing and hiking excursions available around the 52 peaks of Mount Olympus and its national park, the edge of which is 16 kilometres from base. Lots of guided climbing, mountaineering and hiking tours are available in Litochoro, around 20 minutes’ drive away, where there’s also a maritime museum.
Also listed as a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, Mount Olympus and its national park is another local spot for wildlife watching: bring binoculars to spy furry specimens like wild goats and boar, roe deer and wildcats, or turn your eyes skywards to look out for any of the 108 bird species that also call the park home.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Stolos have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Stolos dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Stolos? This area is a historian’s paradise, with several famed ancient attractions within easy reach. Not far from the site lie the swampland and ancient city ruins making up the Archaeological Park of … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Stolos?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 11 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.