This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Waterside wildlife haven site on the banks of the Eider river
- Fishing, jetty, slipway and boat mooring; 30 minutes' drive to Tönning
- Playground, swimming pool, kitchen and bistro with sun terrace
For stays at a waterside wildlife haven on the banks of the Eider – the longest river in the state of Schleswig-Holstein – make your way over to CampingOase Eider… This small park among a setting of trees and bushes is a peaceful and friendly place for laidback holidays that are all about boating and fishing from the on-site jetty.
Sticking with watery explores, CampingOase Eider is also a stellar base for getting out onto the Dithmarschen coast: the North Sea and the Schleswig-Holstein Wadden Sea National Park are within easy day-trip distance for salt marsh strolls and birdwatching while the town of Tönning with its absorbing Multimar Wattforum aquariums is 30 minutes’ drive away.
Closer urban areas include the sweet settlement of Heide – a place of churches, museums and a large market square – and Friedrichstadt with its photogenic stepped gable houses (both 20 minutes’ drive away); the local town of Hennstedt, where you can easily pick up provisions, takes five minutes to reach.
Bring home ingredients from the supermarket to put together in the shared kitchen on site then eat dinner alfresco in a peaceful spot next to the river or out on a boat; you could also choose to have meals made for you in the bistro with its sun terrace.
Brought your own craft with you? Dock it at the park – there’s a slipway and mooring space for a few dozen vessels – when you’re not floating about on the Eider. Back on dry land, kids can make the most of the playground or get back in the water, either in the river or on-site swimming pool.
For rinsing off afterwards, the amenities block is heated and has hot showers.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
How we were welcomed and trusted and also able to …
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
was very pleased with the place and the very friendly …
Lars Techt M.Confirmed
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Please enter 'Hamburger Str. 1' as the address into your satnav. From Hennstedt you can easily follow the signs directly to the site. Please register at reception upon arrival.
For yet more coastal attractions of intrigue, head to the Eider Barrage near Tönning to see this mighty structure – the biggest of its kind in Germany – which protects from storm surges by the North Seas.
If you’re craving pampering instead of engineering-focused explores, seek out the spa sanctuary Sankt Peter-Ording, a seaside resort 45 minutes’ drive away.
Alternatively, expend extra energy on the paths and trails of the Delver Koog nature reserve (35 minutes), where there are 1,200 hectares of grassland to wander through near the river.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does CampingOase Eider have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is CampingOase Eider dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near CampingOase Eider? For yet more coastal attractions of intrigue, head to the Eider Barrage near Tönning to see this mighty structure – the biggest of its kind in Germany – which protects from storm … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of CampingOase Eider?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 12:30 p.m.