This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful 23-hectare site just outside Saint-Nizier-le-Désert
- Surrounded by lakes and 120 kilometres of marked trails
- Two fishing lakes, open-air pool, outdoor games and snack bar on site
Take a look at a map or an aerial shot of this part of the Rhône-Alpes and what you’ll see is an arty patchwork of fields and lakes… just the sort of thing that might lend itself rather well to a peaceful holiday?
Indeed you’d be right, and you can plonk down right in the middle of it all at Camping La Nizière, just outside the teeny village of Saint-Nizier-le-Désert. The site covers a good chunk of this fine landscape – 23 hectares with two huge lakes where guests can fish for carp, pike, perch, tench, roach and black bass or select a spot for a waterside picnic.
Hankering after getting in the water? Leave the lake behind and wander to the open-air pool for a dip. Dry-land activities are in plentiful supply too, as there’s a playground, ping pong table, a good collection of outdoor games, footballs, volleyballs and other kit to borrow, and a pétanque court where you can stage family games or get serious at one of the summer tournaments. (And if competition isn’t your style, check the entertainment schedule for other events including live music and barbecue evenings.)
Eats on site are available at the snack bar, which opens up through high season to serve home-cooked meals made where possible with lots of local produce.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Really cost effective site in a nice wooded location. The …
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Schoon en netjes lekker zwembad
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed low season only
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
So, that landscape: some folk call this part of the world ‘the land of a thousand lakes’, which is actually a bit of an understatement as there are more like 1,500. Whatever the true tally, there are certainly plenty to pick from – and there’s also plenty of pathway too, with around 120 kilometres of marked trail wending its way around the waters locally.
It’s also a most pretty backdrop for canoe trips on the Ain river from Pont d’Ain (20 minutes’ drive), a game on La Sorelle’s golf course (15 minutes), wakeboarding in Lent (10 minutes) or getting up into the treetops at Accro Dombes adventure park (five minutes).
Lots of folk throughout the years have agreed that this is a pretty part of the world, so there’s also a good pile of historical things around for those that lean towards cultural pursuits. Worth putting on your list are trips to the tower of Le Plantay (five minutes), the old washhouse in Chalamont (10 minutes), the ornate Royal Monastery of Brou (20 minutes) and the medieval streets of Pérouges (20 minutes).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping La Nizière have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping La Nizière dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping La Nizière? So, that landscape: some folk call this part of the world ‘the land of a thousand lakes’, which is actually a bit of an understatement as there are more like 1,500. Whatever … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping La Nizière?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 7 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m.