This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Green and scenic site in the Saône river valley
- 100 metres from a fishing lake
- Five minutes' walk from Pont-de-Vaux
It's all green and scenic at Camping Champ d'Eté in Ain, where the team has carefully landscaped the spacious grounds with plenty of plants, trees and flowers to look like a colourful park.
Lounging around with book/ tablet/ your own thoughts is easily sorted at this peaceful place, but if you're after more action than that, indoor and outdoor pools along with a water play area for the kids are also popular picks. Or amble along to the fishing lake 100 metres away, cast off in the Reyssouze and Saône rivers, take out a canoe, book a river boat ride via the local tourist office, or go ice skating all year round in town…
Champ d'Eté is in the Saône river valley, five minutes' walk from the town of Pont-de-Vaux, its public pool complex, its ice skating rink and its Wednesday market. It runs kids' entertainment and activities like fishing and crafts in July and August, as well as a family night once a week and welcome meets on Monday evenings. A small snack bar serving cold drinks, fast food and ice cream is also open during these months.
Anglers will need a fishing licence to cast off in the lake – but these can be easily picked up minutes away in Pont-de-Vaux.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Caravan storage facilities
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for caravans
Ask at the tourist office in local town Pont-de-Vaux about the boat trips arranged by them several times a week in high season; canoe trips are easily sorted around here too, and several marked hiking and cycling trails are in the region.
Over a dozen towns including Arbigny, Chevroux , Fleurville,Reyssouze and Senozan are within five or six kilometres of the site. A short drive south, the Museum of the Bresse covers the area's history, culture, food and costumes from the 15th century to the present day; to the north at Courtes, the Ferme-musée de la Forêt in a 17th-century farmhouse is a registered historical monument with guided and self-guided tours.
Kids of all sizes should have a blast at Touroparc Zoo, which has rides, a train, a waterslide and regular entertainment alongside its sizeable menagerie. They'll probably also like a (long) look at the splendid Grottes d’Azé (Azé Caves) and its prehistoric caverns, bear skeletons, thousands of exhibits and an underground river with fossil gallery, lake and waterfall.
Lyon, Dijon and Geneva are all within 100 kilometres for day trips.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Champ d'Été have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Champ d'Été dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Champ d'Été? Ask at the tourist office in local town Pont-de-Vaux about the boat trips arranged by them several times a week in high season; canoe trips are easily sorted around here too, and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Champ d'Été?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.