This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Lakeside site in the Bugey with its own beach
- At the foothills of the Jura mountains
- Snack bar, playground, bike hire and free wifi
Looking for a watery site in the Rhône-Alpes, with direct access to a beach and edged by vineyards, lakes and the southern side of the foothills of the Jura mountains? Have the lot at Camping Le Colombier in the Bugey, next to a small lake with its own small beach and close to the waters of deep and blue Lake Bourget.
Le Colombier's local village of Culoz is edged by the highest peak in the Jura foothills in Grand Colombier, the setting of the mountain range's highest road pass at the Col du Grand Colombier: this is a destination for determined bikers and hikers only, but you'll very likely think the puff up is worth it when you see the views from here over Lake Bourget, down the Rhône Valley and towards the Alps…
Back – tiredly – at base, Camping Le Colombier has a snack bar open in high season, a pétanque court and a playground. Regular entertainment and activities such as sports tournaments, live music and evening parties are run by the site team in July and August.
Amenities on site include showers and toilets, and a washing-up area. Free wifi and bike hire are both available for guests.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
From the north:
On the A39 head to Grenoble and then take the A40. Come off at Exit 11 signposted Anneçy and continue towards Culoz.
From the south:
On the A7 head to Avignon/Lyon. Come off at Exit 15 signposted Valence Sud and continue towards Grenoble/Chambéry. Continue on the A49, the A48 and then the A43. Come off at Exit 11 signposted Belley and follow signs to Culoz.
Hiking, biking, lakeside strolls, rock climbing and canyoning are all easy to get to from Camping Le Colombier's Rhône-Alpes's setting among mountains, lakes and waterfalls – and a vineyard or two too, as it's Bugey setting is home to the whites of the Bugey AOC.
Two famed lakes are in the region: the arty waters of Lake Bourget closest to the site, a fave place of many a French writer; and Lake Annecy a bit further away, for swimming, watersports and pottering around Rhône-Alpes towns like Saint-Jorioz and Menthon-Saint-Bernard. Closer to home, the wetland reserve of the Lavours Marshes is at the base of the Grand Colombier mountain for birdwatching and nature rambles.
Also have an afternoon around Hautecombe Abbey, the Cistercian and later Benedictine monastery on Lake Bouget's northwestern shore: it's a famed sight in these parts and for centuries was the burial place of the illustrious members of the royal House of Savoy.
- Does Camping Le Colombier have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Le Colombier dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Le Colombier? Hiking, biking, lakeside strolls, rock climbing and canyoning are all easy to get to from Camping Le Colombier's Rhône-Alpes's setting among mountains, lakes and waterfalls – and a vineyard or two too, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Le Colombier?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.