This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Tree-filled site on the shores of Burgundy’s Lac Cormoranche
- A 15-minute drive from Mâcon and Touroparc Zoo
- Beach, lake swimming, fishing, miniature golf and kayak rental
In the marking for a smashing hol full of splashing about? See to it with a stay at Camping Lac de Cormoranche, a family-friendly site in southern Burgundy, five minutes’ drive (about a kilometre and a half) from the Auvergne village of Cormoranche-sur-Saône.
On the shores of Cormoranche lake, the site is well set up for hols full of days in, on or by the water. A swimming area has been dammed off from the rest of the lake – supervised during high season – and the sandy beach next to it is a prime spot for sunning oneself, while on-site pedalo and kayak rental should see all waterfarers skimming along the surface in no time.
For more leisurely stays, lay claim to a patch of lakeshore and let fly a fishing line – the lake is well stocked with carp and carnivorous fish, so buy a day permit on site and get to fishing. Sunset need not be an end to fun either, as night fishing is allowed during high season. Ramblers might like to set off on walks around the lake’s edge instead, or keep entirely to dry land with games of outdoor laser tag, pétanque, disc golf and miniature golf.
The on-site restaurant should sort hungers with snacks, pizza, ice cream and heartier fare. It also stocks groceries and bread, so self-catered snacks are a cinch on site.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
This was a good site though very busy
Great site for short stays. Excellent stopover site.
Nice location with very pleasant stuff, amazing children playground!
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for caravans
City days are simple hereabouts: it’s just 15 minutes’ drive from the site to Mâcon, where guests can explore museums of archaeology and fine arts, visit a Byzantine cathedral, wander among shops, or catch a movie at the cinema. And if that’s not enough, a little over an hour’s travel will land guests in Lyon for strolls about the Old Town, botanical garden and zoo, and for tours about some spectacular murals.
No need to go as far as Lyon for a zoo though, as the lions, tigers and boars of Touroparc Zoo – as well as its reptiles and birdlife, museums, and high-season waterpark – can be visited 15 minutes from base, and twitchers can get their feathered fill at Parc des Oiseaux (45 minutes).
That’s not the only thing worth getting a fill of hereabouts either… Budding gourmands and vintners who fancy tickling taste buds can start gastronomic explores at the famed Georges Blanc Experience restaurant and wine cellar (20 minutes), before moving on to the Château de Pierreclos winery for tours and tastings.
History buffs are well served round here too: it’s 25 minutes from base to the ethnographic Musée de la Bresse, 35 minutes to the Grottes d’Azé prehistoric cave system (and bear skeletons), and 40 minutes to Bourg-en-Bresse and its museums of apothecary and typewriting.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Lac de Cormoranche have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Lac de Cormoranche dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Lac de Cormoranche? City days are simple hereabouts: it’s just 15 minutes’ drive from the site to Mâcon, where guests can explore museums of archaeology and fine arts, visit a Byzantine cathedral, wander among shops, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Lac de Cormoranche?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.