This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small and family-friendly riverside site
- Less than a kilometre from the velorail of the Ardèche Verte
- Fishing, snack bar and play area
A spectacular journey is a mere stroll away with a stay at Camping De La Vallee Du Doux in the Doux Valley: it's 800 metres from the Ardèche Verte velorail, running for 12 highly scenic kilometres among the mountain scenery.
Starting from Boucieu le Roi, the velorail has a pick of two routes, one of two hours and one of two and a half: splendid views are guaranteed on both, so have your camera at the ready… You might additionally want to snap pics of the local village of Boucieu-le-Roi, also 800 metres away, and of the topping scenery all around this area of clear, clean air and paths galore for walking and cycling.
Back – easily – at base, De La Vallee Du Doux is a small and family-friendly riverside site, with plenty of room among its green scenery and with river fishing straight from the grounds. If you're not an angler, you can tackle pétanque or table tennis while the kids tackle the play area, or just find a shady spot to dreamily sit: you'll need to conserve some energy for pedalling the velorail…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Convenience store nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Horseback riding nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Medium (26-50 sites)
Two top spots are under a kilometre from Camping De La Vallee Du Doux, the Ardèche Verte velorail, running along the historic line of the Chemin de Fer du Vivarais on two 12-kilometre routes inaccessible by car, and the village of Boucieu-le-Roi, one of the region's designated 'villages of character': both excellent options for days out.
If you don't want to take the velorail, the famed Ardèche train or Chemin de fer du Vivarais (CFV) also reaches parts of the Doux valley that can't be accessed by car – this time by steam railway. The line runs for 33 kilometres between Tournon in the Rhône Valley and Lamastre in the Doux, passing Boucieu-le-Roi a short stroll from your green and peaceful base.
Outdoor options are all around the Doux valley, running from the Ardèche plateau to the Rhône valley through spectacular lanbscapes of forest, gorge, mountains, river and orchards; around the Ardèche, there are hundreds of kilometres of marked hiking and cycling trails including the Lamastre-Retourtour-Désaignes, the Monteil loop and the Retourtour - Tour de Monteil.
- Does Camping de la Vallée du Doux have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping de la Vallée du Doux dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping de la Vallée du Doux? Two top spots are under a kilometre from Camping De La Vallee Du Doux, the Ardèche Verte velorail, running along the historic line of the Chemin de Fer du Vivarais on two ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping de la Vallée du Doux?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – 7 p.m. Depart by: Anytime On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.