This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly lakeside site on the outskirts of Marigné-Laillé
- A 10-minute drive from Bercé forest; half an hour from Le Mans
- On-site fishing, pétanque, play area and free wifi
After lakeside views and a relaxed bit of fishing? Camping de la Chesnaie is in a splendid rural spot by a lake on the outskirts of Marigné-Laillé, about half an hour's drive from Le Mans. As you might expect from a place whose name means 'oak grove' in the local lingo, there are plenty of shaded lawns to choose from here. The lake, meanwhile, has willow trees all along its banks, and makes a most pleasant place for an afternoon of angling.
And there are more servings of relaxing times to be had away from the lake: set up a game of pétanque on site with old pals or new neighbours, or drive 10 minutes down the road to nearby Bercé forest for woodland wanders (a particularly fine option if any four-legged friends are joining you en vacances).
High-adrenaline days are also within easy reach, though: Le Mans, the motorsport capital of France, is a half-hour drive to the north. Speed demons flock here from far and wide, but this lively city's also home to museums, art and architecture. Back at base, barbecues are permitted if you'd like to get grilling while winding down after a day's explores (a local supermarket is 10 minutes' drive away for stocking up on all the necessaries).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Good site for couples.
Sadly covid had the most of the site closed off, …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Le Mans' most famous race, the 24 Hours, takes place (alas) but once a year. If you can't make that all-important weekend in September, the next best thing is to head to the 24 Hours of Le Mans Museum (25 minutes' drive) and relive the racing triumphs of yesterday. While in town, swing by the stunning Saint-Julien Cathedral and medieval old town too.
Central France has plenty of wide open spaces and sparsely populated wildlife hubs to explore. Carnuta (10 minutes) is a good place to start: this eco-museum is entirely made out of wood and has loads of interactive info to help guests get to grips with their surrounds.
Those planning kid-focused days also have plenty of choice: Papéa amusement park (half an hour) has tiddler-friendly rides that are likely to make the grade (the waterpark is also pretty handy if you're here in hot weather). If it's wildlife you seek, Pescheray Zoo (half an hour) is home to an array of exotic beasts in the elegant grounds of a château, while highlights at Zoo de la Flèche (40 minutes) include sealion feeding time.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping de la Chesnaie have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping de la Chesnaie dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping de la Chesnaie? Le Mans' most famous race, the 24 Hours, takes place (alas) but once a year. If you can't make that all-important weekend in September, the next best thing is to head to … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping de la Chesnaie?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon