This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Hillside setting with views over the UNESCO-listed Loire Valley
- Six kilometres from Saumur and the Château du Saumur
- Two pools, lodge with books and games, mini golf and bike hire
Such a lush Loire Valley location… Huttopia Camping Saumur is in Maine-et-Loire, high on a hillside above the historical town of Saumur.
The town's Château du Saumur is a mere single example of the Loire Valley's swish old buildings, which along with the valley's handsome vineyards make up a UNESCO World Heritage Site you'll very much want to delve into from around here. (And if you were wondering, the local vino around this part of the Valley is mainly of the sparkling white variety; ask for methode champenoise on your scenic travels.)
Settle down at Camping Saumur for splendid valley views and a leisurely range of facilities for all including indoor and outdoor pools, a roomy paddling pool, miniature golf and a bike rental shop (several cycling paths are in the site surrounds). A kids' club, karaoke nights and magic shows run in high season.
A cosy central lodge with books and games is also to hand for cosy evenings in, or you could linger over dinner in the Camping Saumur bar-restaurant, open in high season. A grocery store is on site for supplies; Saumur six kilometres away has markets on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Good site, well located with a lot of things to do in the area
Staff were fantastic, friendly and approachable. Looked after us when …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
To Saumur first: this old town is stuffed with sights to see, so go along for a market morning and then have an afternoon (or two) of sightseeing.
The best-known stopoff in Saumur is its château, a splendid 10th-century structure sitting on rock above the Loire river. Climb up to the château from the Hotel de Ville and its neighbouring riverside buildings, for spectacular views of the town and river below, and a look at the two castle museums of Musée des Arts Decoratifs and the Musée du Cheval.
Also around are the Chapel of Notre Dame des Ardilliers and its 17th-century dome, and the town's oldest religious buildings in the Church of Notre Dame de Nantilly, dating back to the 12th century. A 13-kilometre drive south east of Saumur is 11th-century Fontevraud Abbey, one of the biggest monastic centres in Europe and famed as a site where English as well as French monarchs are buried.
If you want to go much further back in Loire Valley history, the Troglodyte village of Rochemenier, to the south of the Saumur, is a must. And if you want to get active, horse riding and kayaking are available nearby and can be booked at reception.
- Does Camping Saumur have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Saumur dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Saumur? To Saumur first: this old town is stuffed with sights to see, so go along for a market morning and then have an afternoon (or two) of sightseeing. The best-known stopoff in … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Saumur?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.