This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Friendly site in the foothills of the Pyrenees
- 7km from Lourdes and 8km from the Caves of Bétharram
- Swimming pool, multisports pitch and restaurant on site
Hire a bike on site and prep for heaps of valley pedalling from the Pyrenees location of Camping A l'Ombre des Tilleuls: you could cycle these paths for weeks on end...
Set in the foothills of the Pyrenees, this is a topping base for getting out into the Pyrenees valleys by pedal or foot, or setting out for a day's horse riding, rafting, fishing, climbing and caving in the surrounding area. Famed Pyrenees spots like the Pic du Midi, Col du Tourmalet and Pic du Jer are all within an hour's drive.
Camping A l'Ombre des Tilleuls is in the Hautes-Pyrenees near Peyrouse, between the Caves of Bétharram and Lourdes, seven kilometres away. It's a peaceful and family-friendly site set over five hectares, with loads to do for all ages including a full summer programme of sports tournaments, karaoke nights, theme meals and more, organised by the team with a little help from mascot Tilou.
Also around are a pool and a playground, table tennis, a multisports pitch and a pétanque court, along with a grocery shop, bar and a restaurant with takeaway. Barbecues are allowed.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Lake and/or mountain
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Jumbo tent sites
Large (51-200 sites)
This Pyrenees foothills setting is a starting point for all sorts of walks, hikes and cycle routes, or you could use the site as a base for visiting some of the Pyrenees's most famed sights such as Cauterets, the Pic du Midi, the Pont d'Espagne, the Col du Tourmalet and the Pic du Jer, all within an hour's drive.
Closer to home, the watersports centre in Saint-Pé-de-Bigorre three kilometres away has kayaking, rafting, canyoning, climbing, fishing and caving activities on the Gave de Pau river. Horse riding trips and golf on the course at Lourdes are a short drive away.
The world-famous pilgrimage town of Lourdes, the most visited site in France after Paris, is a seven-kilometre drive from the site; if this isn't your scene, another famed spot nearby is at the Caves of Bétharram eight kilometres away, which can be explored by boat, by train or by foot.
Both the Basque Country and Spain can be reached within an hour and a half's drive.
- Does Camping A l'Ombre des Tilleuls have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping A l'Ombre des Tilleuls dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping A l'Ombre des Tilleuls? This Pyrenees foothills setting is a starting point for all sorts of walks, hikes and cycle routes, or you could use the site as a base for visiting some of the Pyrenees's … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping A l'Ombre des Tilleuls?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 4 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.
For arrivals after 8pm, please contact the site to inform them.Read more