This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet site on the edge of a forest in the Vosges mountains
- 2km from watersports/ beach at Gérardmer lake and 6km from Gérardmer
- Shop, picnic areas, pétanque, table tennis and tennis
Le ssssh… this is a peaceful French place. And a foresty one too, and one for watersports, and skiing, and possibly quite a bit of mountain biking and hiking around these Vosges mountains surrounds… and you may be within easy reach of the Alsace wine route too.
Set on the edge of a forest in the Ballons des Vosges Regional Natural Park, quiet and friendly Camping Les Granges Bas is in a sublime setting for outdoor activities, only a couple of kilometres from watersports and a beach at Gérardmer lake, and five from the famed skiing resort of Gérardmer town.
Whatever you add to your active holiday (or Alsace wine route) checklist, a tiptop night's sleep is pretty much guaranteed among this clear and clean mountain air – and there's no evening entertainment on site here so you have the maximum chance of maximising your zzzz's.
Gentle days and evenings on site are much recommended too: start off with a spot of pétanque, table tennis or tennis while the kids let loose at the playground, then gather up the clan for an evening barbecue pitchside or at one of the on-site picnic tables. There's a mini market with bread service on site too, and a washing-up area to cleanse your cooking and eating kit: the kids may like to volunteer for this part.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Whatever your flavour of French mountain hol, you won't have to travel far to find it from here.
A lot of what you fancy should be at Gérardmer lake a couple of kilometres from the site, where the active can tackle sailing, canoeing and kayaking on the lake's surface, or plunge into its waters for a swim. The less active can plump for a lounge on the sandy beach while the kids investigate the play area and waterslide; both types should take the walking trail meandering around the lake for a peaceful time afterwards. There's also an uphill trail leading to the Observatoire de Merelle, for spectacular views of the lake and town below.
Access around 300 kilometres of hiking and mountain bike trails in the Ballons des Vosges Regional Natural Park surrounding the site, or you could stick closer to home and to snow with days at the ski resort of Gérardmer, six kilometres away. There are 40 ski runs here, including two black runs for the experienced brave, as well as 18 kilometres of snowshoe paths and several mountain hikes starting near the town.
A tourist office on Gérardmer and the Upper Vosges is at the Place des Déportés.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Les Granges Bas have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Les Granges Bas dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Les Granges Bas? Whatever your flavour of French mountain hol, you won't have to travel far to find it from here. A lot of what you fancy should be at Gérardmer lake a couple of … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Les Granges Bas?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: noon