This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Scenic site with direct beach access on Corsica’s Costa Verde
- Paragliding, diving, canoeing and kayaking within 15 minutes’ drive
- Fresh bread service, volleyball, badminton and small library on site
Keen on beachy island hols? Swim along to Camping Calamar and wrap tentacles tight around this family-friendly site in the Haute-Corse hamlet of Prunete, 10 minutes’ drive from the village of Cervione.
On the Corsican Costa Verde, this is a top spot for seaside getaways: there’s direct access from the site to a white-sand beach and it’s just a couple steps more to dips in the clear waters of the Mediterranean. Stay dry with strolls along the shore and days lazing in the Corsican sun, then escape the heat with a retreat to the shade of the olive and eucalyptus trees that pepper the site.
Turn away from the coast with a jaunt into the Regional Natural Park of Corsica (five minutes from base) and the island’s hilly interior. There are 1,500 kilometres of marked trails to follow, and ospreys and rare mouflon (wild sheep) to spot, so devote a healthy amount of time to explores and be sure to stock up on fresh bread and pastries every morning to keep energy up.
Maintain active hols on site with a game of volleyball, badminton or ping-pong or, when laziness overcomes everything else, borrow a book or comic from reception and settle in in the leafy calm for an afternoon’s peaceful reading.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Great campsite for those who prefer some solitude with great staff
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Personale molto cortese e disponibile
Wie immer schön, allerdings auch sehr voll....
Świetnie miejsce z czystym wyposażeniem, przyjazną obsługą i wyrównany
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Active types should find plenty hereabouts to entertain: sign up for a quadding tour or a diving lesson five minutes’ drive from base, test heads for heights by paragliding 10 minutes away, or go kayaking and canoeing within 15 minutes.
If tastes hew more to the historical, follow in the footsteps of Corsica’s most famous son with a trip across the island to the port city of Ajaccio, home of Napoléon Bonaparte – the city’s Fesch Museum was set up by Napoléon’s uncle and the Maison Bonaparte was the family’s home for nearly 300 years, and both are well worth a visit.
Spend some time with a Corsican icon of a little more stature with a stop at Monte Cinto (the island’s highest mountain) on the way back to the east coast, then travel north towards the stunningly scenic city of Bastia and its palaces, museums, churches and desert (yes, desert – and Europe’s only official one).
Wander just beyond the city to the Étang de Biguglia nature reserve or two hours away to the Genoese towers (built to fend off Barbary pirates) for more Corsica, otherwise traipse along to the Bastian docks for a four-hour ferry crossing to the Tuscan city of Livorno on the Italian mainland.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Calamar have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Calamar dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Calamar? Active types should find plenty hereabouts to entertain: sign up for a quadding tour or a diving lesson five minutes’ drive from base, test heads for heights by paragliding 10 minutes away, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Calamar?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime