This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small, friendly site on an old farm five minutes' drive from Brécey
- Near a salmon fishing river, a 40-minute drive from Mont Saint-Michel
- Help feed farm animals, collect fresh eggs and gather at the firepit
Scenic Sée Valley views by day, starry skies by night… it’s all très rural and relaxing at La Bicheudière, a petite farm site in the equally teeny Lower Normandy hamlet of Vernix.
The warm glow that guests feel when staying here might be coming off the communal firepit and barbecue; if they’re not yet up and running for the day it's possibly from the knowledge that you’re contributing to a wholesome project… for this site seeks eventually to have in place all sorts of facilities and therapists for vulnerable and less mobile folk (both locals and visitors in need of respite breaks).
The team that runs the place is big on eco-consciousness, too, and you’ll see some of this in action already in features such as the compost toilets, orchards and veg plots around the gardens. Farm animals roam around the place as well – they’re friendly at all times but particularly so if you happen to have a handful of something tasty to hand over…
If you’re in search of something tasty for yourself you can forage for fresh eggs on site, and it may be handy to know that the Sée river, which flows through the hamlet, just happens to be one of Europe’s finest salmon rivers. Not successful in snagging a fish for the barbecue? Food can be acquired in a more straightforward manner at the shops, supermarket and Friday market five minutes’ drive away in Brécey. Back at base, there's a little guest kitchen for meal prep and a cosy chill-out area with sofas, wifi and a pool table.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Would definitely visit again!
If you want a truly rural experience with warm owners who will go the.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Follow the Sée river all the way to the coast and you’ll hit one of the country’s most famed sights: the fab Mont Saint-Michel. There are canoe trips on the river to be had from Avranches (15 minutes’ drive) but it’s still a long old way to the sea from here so it’s possibly a more sensible idea to drive over to Mont Saint-Michel – it’ll take around 40 minutes.
One of Normandy’s other claims to fame is, of course, the role it played in the D-Day landings. There are lots of tributes, memorials and museums to see up on the north coast – aim for Omaha Beach and Arromanches-les-Bains, both of which are around an hour and 20 minutes away by car, and stop by in Bayeux on the way back to see the world’s most well-known tapestry.
For something a little lighter, saddle up for horse rides at the stables 15 minutes’ drive away or get set to meet some big beasts at Champrépus Zoo (25 minutes).
- Does La Bicheudière have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is La Bicheudière dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near La Bicheudière? Follow the Sée river all the way to the coast and you’ll hit one of the country’s most famed sights: the fab Mont Saint-Michel. There are canoe trips on the river to … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of La Bicheudière?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.