This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- On Normandy's Cotentin Peninsula 200 metres from the beach
- Next to the UNESCO site of Tatihou and Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue towers
- Citroën 2 CV rental, heated pool, bar, restaurant and playground
Beach and heritage days, seafood and fishing, museums and D-Day sites are all on offer from Camping La Gallouette in north-eastern France, on the Cotentin Peninsula in Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue and near Cherbourg in the Manche.
La Gallouette is a peaceful and colourful site 200 metres from the sea in the Val de Saire area known for its oysters and mussels, and next to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Tatihou and Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue. The GR 223 from Saint Vaast la Hougue to Barfleur is nearby for hikes.
Activities are available for all the family in high season, including a heated pool, evening entertainment, a playground, a kids' club, a multisports court and a pétanque court.
The site also has a bar and a restaurant.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Camping La Gallouette is set between land and sea, in an area with plenty of things to see and do along the coast, in the water and inland.
Most of the top tourist sites in Normandy are easy to get to from here: the Val de Saire; the island of Taithou and the UNESCO towers of Tatihou and La Hougu; the Regional Nature Park of Cotentin and Bessin Marshes; the Phare de Gatteville lighthouse; the D-Day landing beaches, and Cherbourg and the Cité de la Mer maritime museum.
Fishing and golf are both available nearby, along with activities such as kitesurfing, sailing, yachting and hiking the GR 223 from Saint Vaast la Hougue to Barfleur.
For local cuisine, try the regional specialties at the harbour including Saint Vaast oyster with Isigny seaweed butter, pan fried scallops, Barfleur mussels or the famed Cotentin blue lobster. The Maison Gosselin delicatessen in Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue has gourmet produce including fish soup, seafood cassoulet and andouille de Vire.
- Does Camping La Gallouette have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping La Gallouette dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping La Gallouette? Camping La Gallouette is set between land and sea, in an area with plenty of things to see and do along the coast, in the water and inland. Most of the top … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping La Gallouette?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: noon