This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family site in lush greenery with direct access to sand dunes
- A five-minute drive to Portbail; half an hour walk to Lindbergh beach
- Heated pool, snack bar and entertainment in high season
Sitting pretty opposite the Channel Islands on the Côte des Isles is Camping Les Carolins, a site on the outskirts of the Manche village of Saint-Lô d’Ourville surrounded by lush greenery and a half an hour’s walk away from Lindbergh beach via scenic sand dunes.
If you’d rather roam towards the popular Basse-Normandie town of Portbail than jump in the car for the five-minute drive, the GR 223 trail runs alongside the beach and joins up with a river footbridge over the Ollonde’s estuary. Travel this way to see indigenous plants like saltwort and sea lavender on your 35-minute stroll, then make the most of watersports like sailing, canoeing and sand yachting organised by a local school. Donkey and horse riding are also possible here if you'd prefer to stay on solid ground.
A touch closer is Saint-Lô d'Ourville, half an hour away on foot, which has a small church with a 15th-century bell tower and saddleback roof as well as baptismal fonts from the Middle Ages. For other types of French culture, sites like Earl Le Manoir Du Parc (10 minutes) and the 15th-century tower of Manoir de la Tourelle (25 minutes) are within driving distance.
Holidaying in the high season? A swimming pool and snack bar open up on site when it’s warmer out and entertainment’s put on as well. All year round, there’s pedal buggy rental and bicycles to get you out an about, along with petanque, wifi and a small grocery shop selling regional products. For the kids, a mini farm, table tennis, foosball and a playground should keep them out of your hair...
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Propane/gas cylinders available
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 sites)
Beaches and cities are the main hangouts in this area, with the surfing shores of Siouville-Hague a 30-minute drive away. Diélette’s also half an hour in the car for diving – a special club’s set here – while travelling to Barneville-Carteret means you could soon be enroute to the Channel Islands, as boats to Jersey and Guernsey leave from this town 10 minutes' drive away.
If you’re hankering after city times rather than sandy toes, Cherbourg-Octeville is within 40 minutes; visit this place for the City of the Sea maritime museum with it exhibit on the Titanic and 17 aquariums housing sealife including dolphins, whales and sharks.
If that whets your appetite for veering towards the coast once again, the dramatic cliffs of Nez de Jobourg are 55 minutes’ drive.
- Does Camping Les Carolins have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Les Carolins dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Les Carolins? Beaches and cities are the main hangouts in this area, with the surfing shores of Siouville-Hague a 30-minute drive away. Diélette’s also half an hour in the car for diving – a ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Les Carolins?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.