This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Clifftop site with sea views and direct access to Omaha Beach
- Restaurant, bar, swimming pool, football pitch and beach volleyball
- Easy access to the Normandy beaches and Bayeux Tapestry
That's one splendid restaurant terrace to have your aperitif and your supper on… set on a clifftop overlooking the beach, in a scenic wildlife haven in Lower Normandy.
A path leads straight from this family-friendly site straight down to Omaha beach, best known these days as the setting of the Normandy Landings during World War II, but always a spectacular spot for Normandy sands, swimming and watersports.
Paddleboarding, kitesurfing and sea kayaking are all available from the beach; if you're here for heritage and Word War II remembrance, the commemorative Omaha Beach D-Day Monument, American Cemetery and Overlord Museum are all easily accessible from the site.
Camping Omaha Beach is a big site with lots to do, including a kids' club and full entertainment programme in high season. You might (sensibly) decide to spend most of your site time on that clifftop terrace overlooking the sea, but if you do seek more leisure, there's a heated pool, football pitch, beach volleyball court, pétanque court, playground and games/TV room.
The site also has a mini market, and allows both barbecues and campfires.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Very large (over 200 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Hire a bike on site to get straight out onto paths winding coastwards and inland from here, among Normandy's more than 500 kilometres of cycle path. If you're stopping off at Camping Omaha Beach on a World War II commemorative tour, the other D-Day landing beaches can easily be biked to from here.
Omaha Beach D-Day Monument is three kilometres away and the Normandy American Cemetery within five. The Overlord Museum, telling the story of the landing up until the liberation of Paris, faces the roundabout that gives access to the American Cemetery.
For history of a more ancient kind, the spectacular Bayeux Tapestry, telling the bloody tale of how William of Normandy became king of England, can be seen 18 kilometres away. You could also have a look at the local heritage with an afternoon at Château de Creully, 30 kilometres away, the 11th- and 12th-century castle between Caen and Bayeaux (and from where the first news of the Battle of Normandy was broadcast by the BBC journalists stationed there in 1944).
Walks, birdwatching and boat trips in the Marais du Cotentin et du Bessin Regional Natural Park are 30 kilometres away.
- Does Camping Omaha Beach have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Omaha Beach dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Omaha Beach? Hire a bike on site to get straight out onto paths winding coastwards and inland from here, among Normandy's more than 500 kilometres of cycle path. If you're stopping off at Camping … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Omaha Beach?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.