This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site with swimming pool in the centre of Mulhouse
- Within walking distance of museums, zoo, skating rink and skate park
- Half an hour's drive from theme park, hikes, horse rides and racetrack
There aren’t many places where you can get fit and feast yourself silly: in fact, Camping de L’Ill might be one of a kind. This spacious and well-maintained site is in the centre of the city of Mulhouse, in France’s Alsace region, famed for its wines and beers and its belly-busting cuisine.
A fleet of food trucks visits the site in the evenings, purveying Alsatian specialities like sausage and choucroute (Sauerkraut) and the pizza-like tarte flambée made with ham, onions and crème fraîche.
Fret not about your waistlines though, for the site has a swimming pool and table tennis tables for the burning off of excess fuel and it’s also a few minutes’ walk away from a sports complex with indoor and outdoor pools, a skating rink, skate park and miniature golf. If you’ve really gone overboard on the sausages and dumplings, EuroVelo route six passes through Mulhouse, linking the Atlantic coast of France with Romania… and that ought to be enough exercise for anyone...
For gentler stretching of the limbs, loaf over to the L’Ill canal a minute away and have a pleasant pedestrian trip into the centre of Mulhouse, taking in the vintage vehicles of the car and railway museums, and the menagerie of cheetahs, lions and polar bears in the zoological gardens.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Very friendly staff and clean amenities :)
Nice quite campsite next to the river
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
personnel amical, emplacement spacieux
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
There are further furry creatures to be found at Le Parc du Petit Prince, half an hour’s drive away, along with rollercoasters and gentler rides, live shows and a 3D cinema. Further afield, you can go into raptures over the raptors and become mates with the monkeys at the adjacent birds of prey and primate themed wildlife parks outside Kintzheim, an hour and 10 minutes away.
Alsace and its gentle hills make fine terrain for horse trekking too, with centres between 20 minutes and half an hour away in Wattwillen and Aspach-le-Haut. If you prefer to walk, the trails up Hartmannswillerkopf give cracking views over the Rhine Valley while the museum 30 minutes from the site explains its strategic importance during World War II.
Pause for a little fortification in Thann (25 minutes), the southern end of the Alsace wine route, which stretches for 160 kilometres through the eastern edge of the Vosges mountains up to Marlenheim. A trout trail also begins in Thann, with stopoffs for catching and consuming along the wooded banks of the Thur river.
Any petrolheads seeking a break from all that peace and scenery can settle in for rallies and regular race meets at the Anneau du Rhin circuit in Biltzheim, half an hour away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping de l'Ill have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping de l'Ill dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping de l'Ill? There are further furry creatures to be found at Le Parc du Petit Prince, half an hour’s drive away, along with rollercoasters and gentler rides, live shows and a 3D cinema. Further … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping de l'Ill?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.