This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Well-located site by a lake and forest on the edge of Lommel
- Close to nature reserves; two theme parks within a 40-minute drive
- Lake beach, restaurant and indoor pool complex with large play area
So you fancy a rural escape, spending your hols among forest, lake and beach… but you don’t want to stray far from the amenities and activities of a city break? Ponder such dilemmas no longer and sort a stay at Vakantiepark Blauwe Meer.
Take a look around at this Limburg site and your views will be filled with the aforementioned woodland and the sizeable lake (perhaps best appreciated while lounging at the beach area while the nippers amuse themselves with paddling and sandcastles?) The views, space and peaceful vibe may well suggest that you’re some way from civilisation, but in fact this site is on the edge of the city of Lommel (in a particularly green part, around five kilometres from the centre of the city).
City days, theme park and nature reserve walks are all easily put on the schedule from this spot, but it’s a fine idea to allocate some time simply for hanging about on site too. As well as lake swims, dips can be had in the indoor pool, which also has a swish play beach. Playtime here could stretch out to many hours, what with the pirate ship, the lighthouse, the air trampoline and the many things to clamber and play around. With that in mind, it’s handy that there’s a wellness area with sauna, hot tub and Turkish bath where grownups can chill out nearby.
Head outdoors and the fun continues with basketball, beach volleyball, miniature golf and tennis, plus kids’ activities through the main holidays. Naturally you’ll need fuel for all of this, and that’s available at the restaurant (with beach-view terrace), the bar, the snack bar and the all-important ice cream parlour.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
If your forest surrounds beckon you out for a look, you can take walks and bike rides straight out into the woods from the site, or head off to one of the nearby nature reserves: De Lage Kempen and Kattenbos are both within a few minutes’ bike ride of the site, and the splendid dunes of Sahara Lommel are 20 minutes away by bike (or 10 minutes’ drive).
Stop by in central Lommel (15 minutes by bike) to wander around the market square, visit the mill museum and see the spectacular Glazenhuis, packed with glass art and topped with a 30-metre glass cone.
Drag the kids from the pool with the promise of a visit to one of the nearby theme parks: Bobbejaanland and Plopsa Indoor Hasselt are both about a 40-minute drive away. If, on the other hand, you’ve got more city wanders in mind, aim for Eindhoven (45 minutes) or Antwerp (an hour).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Vakantiepark Blauwe Meer have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Vakantiepark Blauwe Meer dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Vakantiepark Blauwe Meer? If your forest surrounds beckon you out for a look, you can take walks and bike rides straight out into the woods from the site, or head off to one of the … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Vakantiepark Blauwe Meer?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.