This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Smart rental tents by the River Wye, set up for small groups
- A 10-minute walk from Monmouth town centre
- Sister company offers activities including canoeing and climbing
Wye Tipi Camping is a glamping site on a clean and tidy meadow in a most enviable Monmouthshire location: it’s got easy access from the A40 and is on the banks of the River Wye around 10 minutes’ walk from Monmouth town centre.
This is a place that’s particularly well set up for groups of friends or family travelling together: the comfy rental tents (bell tents and handmade traditional Indian-style tipis with sleeping mats, yoga chairs and firepit) are set up in little circles, with a central campfire area that’s got rustic wooden benches, a picnic table and a canvas shelter. Purpose-built shower and toilet facilities are a short stroll away from the accommodation areas.
There are several pubs and restaurants within walking distance if you fancy going out for eats and drinks. Staying on site for a riverside barbecue is a fine option too – ask ahead and the folk here can either hire you a gas barbecue or sort you out with all the bits you’ll need, including all the necessary kit and a tasty selection of things from the local butcher (breakfast and dinner services available).
Monmouthshire and the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty are well known as hubs for outdoor activities, and the easiest way to get stuck in is to check out the range of offerings at the site’s sister company (for an extra charge, naturally). Among the things you can pick from are guided canoe/kayak trips, mountain bike adventures, raft building, climbing and archery. Basket weaving and pottery are also on the menu if you fancy something a bit less energetic.
Open from 04/02/2021 to 10/04/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Digital food/drink menus
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitizing stations
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
Meal delivery to unit/pitch/outdoor seated area
No cash accepted on site
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Monmouth Bus Station
— 0.9 miles
0.9 miles Ross on Wye: Cantilupe Rd Coach Stop — 8.4 miles
8.4 miles Pontrilas: Telephone Exchange Coach Stop — 11.5 miles
- Train stations
Lydney Rail Station
— 10.2 miles
10.2 miles Chepstow Rail Station — 12.3 miles
12.3 miles Abergavenny Rail Station — 13.2 miles
- Ferry ports
— 11.2 miles
11.2 miles Sharpness Old Docks — 11.4 miles
11.4 miles Newport (S Wales) Ferry Terminal — 21.1 miles
— 23.8 miles
23.8 miles Bristol International Airport — 29.8 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Wye Valley Butterfly Zoo: five minutes’ drive
- Goodrich Castle: 10 minutes
- Raglan Castle: 10 minutes
- Raglan Farm Park: 10 minutes
- Coleford Great Western Railway Museum: 15 minutes
- Puzzlewood: 15 minutes
- Clearwell Caves: 15 minutes
- Forest of Dean Sculpture Trail: 20 minutes
- Tintern Abbey: 25 minutes
- Dean Forest Railway: 25 minutes.
- Caldicot Castle & Country Park (0.8 miles)
- Goodrich Castle (5.0 miles)
- Raglan Castle (7.1 miles)
- The Kymin (0.7 miles)
- Skenfrith Castle (5.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Wye Tipi Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Wye Tipi Camping dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Wye Tipi Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Wye Valley Butterfly Zoo: five minutes’ drive - Goodrich Castle: 10 minutes - Raglan Castle: 10 minutes - Raglan Farm Park: 10 minutes - Coleford Great … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Wye Tipi Camping?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 2 p.m.