This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Luxury Brecon Beacons glampsite close to the River Crai for fishing
- A 15-minute drive from the National Showcaves and 25 from Brecon
- Handmade huts with ensuite bathroom, deck, kitchen and hot tub
A base for a Brecon Beacons break with mountain views, heaps of open space and comfy shepherd’s huts to cosy up in by night? Say ‘oh yes’ to Onnenfawr Glamping and all this shall be yours.
This peaceful Powys place is on an organic farm within the national park, close to the banks of the River Crai and 25 minutes’ drive from the main town of Brecon. Woodland and waterfall walks, mountain scrambles, horse riding, watersports and other activities are all easily accessible, and you can bag mountain bikes on site to travel around on two wheels.
Seeking some alfresco idleness instead? Amble down to the river to fish for trout while the small sorts splash about on the stepping stones and seek out the secret island. There’s a fab playhouse for them to hang out in too, with a swing and a table and chairs for colouring, reading or playing games.
After all the activity that’s likely to fill days around these parts, you’ll no doubt be chuffed to see the site has plenty of space for chilling out – either in your cosy handmade hut, out on the private deck or in the hot tub (with drink in hand, one might suggest), taking in the gorgeous views or gazing up into the starry skies.
And so to sleep… in a comfy double bed with woodburning stove and underfloor heating to ensure maximum toastiness. Also in your hut are an ensuite bathroom, a petite but well-equipped kitchen and a barbecue for days when you fancy an outdoor feast.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 9.9 miles
9.9 miles Bus Station — 15.6 miles
15.6 miles Bus Station — 16.0 miles
- Train stations
Llandovery Rail Station
— 9.6 miles
9.6 miles Cynghordy Rail Station — 10.8 miles
10.8 miles Llanwrda Rail Station — 11.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Swansea Queens Dock Ferry Terminal
— 25.1 miles
— 29.3 miles
The Brecon Beacons beckon with all sorts of spectacular scenery – there’s many a mile of trail to trek along around the national park, taking in such sights as Henrhyd waterfall (20 minutes’ drive) and the mountain paths of Pen y Fan (40 minutes). Mountain biking, climbing and watersports are among the other top picks for active sorts, or you could hike along the three-mile footpath from the site to be rewarded with a meal at a country pub.
Not all the stunning sights are above ground though, as you’ll see on a trip to the National Showcaves Centre for Wales (15 minutes); don’t forget to take a quick detour to see the dinosaurs – a cool 200 of the life-sized beasts. A tad beyond that is Craig yr Nos Country Park, where you can gawp at a Gothic-style castle, roam the riverside grounds or saddle up at the riding stables.
A stop in Brecon town is worth planning too – it’ll take you 25 minutes or so to drive there to see the cathedral and Regimental Museum of The Royal Welsh or take a stroll by the Brecon Canal.
- National Showcaves of Wales (6.9 miles)
- Penderyn Distillery Visitor Centre (11.4 miles)
- Brecon Mountain Railway (13.7 miles)
- Aberdeunant (16.6 miles)
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines (16.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Onnenfawr Glamping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Onnenfawr Glamping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Onnenfawr Glamping? The Brecon Beacons beckon with all sorts of spectacular scenery – there’s many a mile of trail to trek along around the national park, taking in such sights as Henrhyd waterfall (20 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Onnenfawr Glamping?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.