This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Pondside Campsite is situated 4 miles north of Lairg on a peaceful croft overlooking Loch Shin. The campsite is an ideal location for exploring the North,West and East. Great for Walking, cycling, fishing or simply relaxing.
We are a relaxed, family friendly site with plenty of space for around 10 pitches.
We are happy to offer 2 'ready tents', one sleeps up to 6 and the other up to 8, fully equipped with everything needed for a relaxing holiday.
We also have a static caravan and a comfortable 1 bedroom holiday apartment for rent on a nightly or weekly basis. The caravan sleeps up to 8 and apartment 2 people. Both are fully equipped for a relaxing stay.
We are a camping family and our aim is to make your stay a memorable one, wanting to return again and again.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Royal Bank of Scotland
— 26.3 miles
- Train stations
Lairg Rail Station
— 4.4 miles
4.4 miles Invershin Rail Station — 9.7 miles
9.7 miles Culrain Rail Station — 10.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Invergordon Port Ferry Terminal
— 27.8 miles
27.8 miles Ullapool Ferry Terminal — 29.4 miles
29.4 miles Nigg Ferry Terminal — 29.7 miles
— 38.7 miles
From the village of Lairg, head Northeast on the A836 towards Durness. After 3 miles turn left onto the A838, towards Kinlochbervie. After 0.5 miles take the first right, signposted 'Tirryside'. Pondside Campsite is accessed from the 3rd house on the right.
The Ferrycroft Visitors Centre.
The Falls of Shin.
The 4 most northerly Munros along with a number of Corbets.
Dornoch Beach and Golf Course.
Bonar Bridge Golf Course.
Royal Dornoch Golf Course.
Numerous fishing opportunities.
Sailing on Little Loch Shin.
- Glenmorangie Distillery (21.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Pondside Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Pondside Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Pondside Campsite? The Ferrycroft Visitors Centre. The Falls of Shin. The 4 most northerly Munros along with a number of Corbets. Dornoch Beach and Golf Course. Bonar Bridge Golf Course. Royal Dornoch Golf Course. … Read more