This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet site close to Inverness city centre
- On the banks of the Caledonian Canal
- Excellent base for exploring the Highlands
A Scottish canalside site within walking distance of Inverness? How utterly excellent.
Guests also use Torvean Caravan Park for exploring the rest of the Highlands from their watery base, as it's within easy reach of the area's most topping attractions, like Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle and, less than a mile away, the famed battlefield and visitor centre of Culloden.
Torvean is a small, peaceful and family-run site, overlooking Torvean Golf Course and a short stroll from gentle ambles and Loch Nesswards cruise afternoons on the Caledonian Canal.
The owners have set the site up to make it as comfy as poss for guests, with well-kept and modern facilities including a tiled, heated and spotlessly kept toilet block with two private cubicles as well as a separate unisex unit with a toilet and shower suitable for disabled guests.
Other facilities include a launderette, a washing-up area and free wifi; the site road is tarmaced for easy vehicle manoeuvring.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Good facilities regarding preparing your Motorhome for the returning hand …
Did what it says on the tin. Smallish site easy access, facilities ok.
Was very clean and friendly a bit far from shops …
excellent site, facilities were closed due to virus, very helpful.
Nice quiet site, friendly staff. Good dog walk along canal …
Fast and efficient check-in. Convenient for Loch Ness visits and …
Great park close to the canal and a short walk …
Good site flat pitches friendly staff ,but needs upgrading
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for caravans
- Coach stations
— 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Post Office — 12.5 miles
12.5 miles Royal Bank of Scotland — 16.0 miles
- Train stations
Inverness Rail Station
— 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Beauly Rail Station — 8.4 miles
8.4 miles Muir of Ord Rail Station — 8.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Inverness Loch Ness Ferry Landing
— 5.1 miles
5.1 miles Invergordon Port Ferry Terminal — 15.5 miles
15.5 miles Cromarty Ferry Terminal — 16.9 miles
— 8.5 miles
From the city centre take the A82 (Glenurquhart Road) heading to Drumnadrochit. Once you cross the Caledonian Canal swing bridge take an immediate right into the Caravan Park where a warm welcome awaits.
From Drumnadrochit (A82) as you first enter Inverness you will pass Torvean Golf Club on your right and the site is immediately left before the swing bridge over the Caledonian Canal.
You might dither as to whether you should wander/cruise the canal on your first morning here, or take the walk into Inverness: both are within easy reach.
The cruises on the Caledonian float along to Loch Ness and then to Urquhart Castle – yes, you are allowed to imagine yourself as a medieval warrior arriving at this ancient castle by boat. After Urquhart, several other castle and historic options are in the area, like Cawdor Castle in Nairnshire and a few dozen in the Highlands including Invergarry, Strome and Dunrobin.
And then to Inverness… Another castle is here – surprise – along with peaceful pursuits like the Inverness Museum, Inverness Botanical Gardens, the Ness Islands and the city's shops, festivals and cafés. Stick around in the evening for lively pubs, live music, good restaurants, and evenings at the Eden Court Theatre.
Elsewhere around this part of Scotland, Torvean Caravan Park is 30 minutes from Aviemore and the Spey Valley, an hour and a half from Ullapool and Fort William, and two hours from the Isle of Skye and John O'Groats.
- Jacobite Cruises (0.1 miles)
- Inverness Museum and Art Gallery (0.8 miles)
- James Pringle Weavers of Inverness (0.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Torvean Caravan Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Torvean Caravan Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Torvean Caravan Park? You might dither as to whether you should wander/cruise the canal on your first morning here, or take the walk into Inverness: both are within easy reach. The cruises on the Caledonian … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Torvean Caravan Park?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.