This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Off-grid wild camping at the highest farm on Exmoor
- A 20-minute drive to Exmoor Zoo; 25 minutes to the North Devon coast
- Free-range eggs and home-reared meat available to buy on site
It’s Exmoor indeed – and a most enviable location too. In fact, Wild Camping at Emmetts on Exmoor, two minutes' drive from Simonsbath, is part of the highest farm on the moor, up at an altitude of 1250 feet with gorgeous views out over the national park's scenery.
This is a place that’s big on surface area but small on guest numbers, so there’s always plenty of space around to soak up that rural atmosphere, play games and build campfires. It’s worth noting that Exmoor National Park was designated Europe’s first Dark Sky Reserve back in 2011, so you should hopefully be in for spectacular displays of stars by night too.
That space is pretty popular with local wildlife too – red deer herds regularly frequent the moor opposite the pitches, and you’re also likely to spot cuckoos, woodpeckers, golden plovers, foxes and much more.
Unsurprisingly, this is a great area for walks and mountain bike rides; other activities in the area include things like fishing, sailing and pony trekking. If you’ve still got any energy left after that little lot, ask on site about hiring the farm’s all-weather tennis court for a game or two.
Other facilities on site include a shower and toilet, about 200 yards from the pitches (it’s a good idea to bring a torch for this journey…) Guests are welcome to bring along a barbecue or hire a firepit and purchase wood on site. You can also buy fresh free-range eggs from the farm’s hens and sausages and bacon from the farm’s home-reared pigs, so a good breakfast should be on the cards too.
Exford, Withypool and North Molton (all within 15 minutes) have good village shops for picking up any other supplies you might need, and there are a couple of great country pubs nearby too for drinks and dining out.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Fantastic new facilities, great working farm estate setting
From the manager...
We are very surprised to receive this review. These guests arrived, met us on arrival and we showed them to their pitch. This pitch is one of the photographs seen on our listing. We then received an email saying that they had left because of bricks and brambles. There are no bricks at the pitch location and no brambles. We are also surprised to see the individual ratings provided by this guest - the loo and shower facility is brand new and never used before so is immaculate!
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Hand sanitizing stations
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 7.3 miles
7.3 miles The Square — 7.3 miles
7.3 miles Bus Station — 12.2 miles
- Train stations
Umberleigh Rail Station
— 12.1 miles
12.1 miles Barnstaple Rail Station — 12.5 miles
12.5 miles Chapelton (Devon) Rail Station — 12.6 miles
- Ferry ports
— 15.1 miles
15.1 miles Ilfracombe Ferry Landing — 15.6 miles
15.6 miles Instow Ferry Landing — 17.9 miles
Cardiff International Airport
— 27.3 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Quince Honey Farm: 15 minutes' drive
- Exmoor Zoo: 20 minutes
- Lynton (for the cliff railway and coast path): 25 minutes
- Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park: 25 minutes
- Coasteering at Porlock: 35 minutes
- Wimbleball Lake (watersports): 35 minutes
- Watermouth Castle (with gardens and a small theme park): 35 minutes
- Ilfracombe (for boat trips to Lundy island): 35 minutes
- Saunton Sands: 45 minutes.
- RHS Garden Rosemoor (19.5 miles)
- The National Trust Killerton House & Gardens (26.7 miles)
- Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (27.9 miles)
- Watersmeet (7.3 miles)
- Arlington Court and the National Trust Carriage Museum (8.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, travel trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Wild Camping at Emmetts on Exmoor cancelation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
The park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Wild Camping at Emmetts on Exmoor will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted at the parkPayPal
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- Does Wild Camping at Emmetts on Exmoor have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Wild Camping at Emmetts on Exmoor dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Wild Camping at Emmetts on Exmoor? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Quince Honey Farm: 15 minutes' drive - Exmoor Zoo: 20 minutes - Lynton (for the cliff railway and coast path): 25 minutes - Combe Martin Wildlife … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Wild Camping at Emmetts on Exmoor?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.