This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Lakeside site among the Exmoor hills
- Sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and rowing on the lake
- Walking and cycling trails, playground and café
Bimble around Wimbleball for some staggering views of this lake cradled by the Exmoor hills... The area's extensive shoreline, secluded inlets, and shimmering waters mean that Wimbleball Lake Campsite is a fisherman’s fairyland, with recent seasons having seen rod averages top four fish per angler.
The necessary fishing licences are available on site, and only fly fishing from the banks is permitted. On top of the great fishing, the lake offers an excellent range of watersports (sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and rowing). There are well-designed trails for cyclists and walkers, and a playground to keep the kids occupied while you polish off a cream tea in the café.
Wimbleball takes its green credentials very seriously (it has a gold award from the Green Business Tourism Scheme) and does some important conservation work, so the birdwatching and wildlife spotting here is excellent. Guests will be able to see some of the nocturnal residents too, such as the long-eared brown bats.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Lake and/or mountain
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Touring and motorhomes
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Medium (26-50 sites)
- Coach stations
Dunster: Dunster Steep Bus Stop
— 8.5 miles
8.5 miles Williton: The Egremont Coach Stop — 9.4 miles
9.4 miles Minehead: Parade Coach Stop — 9.6 miles
- Train stations
Tiverton Parkway Rail Station
— 11.6 miles
11.6 miles Bishop's Lydeard — 12.4 miles
12.4 miles Taunton Rail Station — 16.6 miles
- Ferry ports
— 10.2 miles
10.2 miles Bridgwater Ferry Terminal — 21.8 miles
21.8 miles Barry Waterfront Ferry Terminal — 24.7 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 23.4 miles
23.4 miles Cardiff International Airport — 23.7 miles
The campsite is located near Dulverton.
From Tiverton, take the A396, follow brown tourism signs from the Exeter Inn roundabout to Bampton and then Wimbleball.
From Dunster, take the A396 towards Dulverton; follow brown signs at Machine Cross, and then the B3190 towards Bampton. The turning for Wimbleball is signed from this road.
As well as the wilds of Exmoor on your doorstep, the site isn't too far from the alluring beaches and seaside villages of the North Devon coast. A scenic 45-minute drive across the moors will bring you to the sister villages of Lynton and Lynmouth, where you can catch the Victorian funicular railway down the plunging cliffs.
Foodies will enjoy the gourmet shops and market in Barnstaple, or head an hour south to the pretty city of Exeter to check out its cathedral and underground passages dating back to medieval times.
- Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (15.0 miles)
- The National Trust Killerton House & Gardens (19.1 miles)
- Exeter Cathedral - Church of Saint Peter (23.9 miles)
- Dunster Working Watermill (8.0 miles)
- Dunster Castle (8.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Wimbleball Lake Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Wimbleball Lake Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Wimbleball Lake Campsite? As well as the wilds of Exmoor on your doorstep, the site isn't too far from the alluring beaches and seaside villages of the North Devon coast. A scenic 45-minute drive across ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Wimbleball Lake Campsite?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
If you arrive after 5pm, please come to the office the following day to collect your ticket and pay your balance.Read more