This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Scenic dog-friendly rural wildlife haven in the Somerset Levels
- A 20-minute drive to Burnham-on-Sea; 35 minutes to the Quantock Hills
- Trails and launch points nearby; two pubs within walking distance
Waterside walks, wildlife and rural scenery are some of the specialities at Brookside Farm Camping. Not a working farm, this is a peaceful, flat and dog-friendly wild camping site with a three-acre field in the peaceful Somerset Levels.
Sunsets and sunrises are also pretty delicious here. Watch them from the field and keep your eyes peeled for wildlife too – the site’s regular, a barn owl, stops here on its usual flight path or you might catch deer wandering around the fields, along with foxes and herons.
You don’t need to sit around to admire the scenery, though. There are many walking and cycling paths in and around Fordgate, Moorland and Burrow Bridge (Burrow Mump, 10 minutes' drive away, has some splendid views over the Somerset Levels) and there lots of places nearby to launch a kayak or paddleboard along the river and canal… or go fishing if that’s your preferred sport.
How about those foodie spots? Well, despite being in a remote wildlife-friendly area, the site is a short walk away from two country pubs serving tasty homecooked food – the closest is just five minutes’ walk away – and Bridgwater, a historic town, is 15 minutes’ drive away for many more cafés and restaurants.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Phenomenal starry night stay.
Rated 100% very happy with our weekend away thank you very much Steve!
Excellent site with friendly staff and lots of space for the kids.
Great for families
From the manager...
Thank you so much Jack, you were all perfect guests and it was lovely to meet you all.
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 2.5 miles
2.5 miles Verriers — 2.5 miles
2.5 miles Bus Station Stop 8 — 3.2 miles
- Train stations
Bridgwater Rail Station
— 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Taunton Rail Station — 7.8 miles
7.8 miles Highbridge & Burnham-on-Sea Rail Station — 8.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Bridgwater Ferry Terminal
— 3.9 miles
3.9 miles Weston-super-Mare Knightstone Harbour — 18.0 miles
18.0 miles Minehead Harbour — 23.9 miles
Bristol International Airport
— 23.1 miles
23.1 miles Cardiff International Airport — 26.9 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Equestrian centre (horse riding): 15 minutes’ drive
- Burnham-on-Sea (seaside resort town): 20 minutes
- Fyne Court (National Trust wild garden over a once family home): 25 minutes
- RSPB Ham Wall (wetland nature reserve): half an hour
- Quantock Hills (walking, biking and horse riding): 35 minutes
- Castle Neroche (the remains of an Iron Age hill fort with woodland hikes and horse riding trails): 35 minutes
- Weston-super-Mare (seaside town): 40 minutes.
- Clarks Village (9.8 miles)
- Glastonbury Abbey (11.2 miles)
- Glastonbury Tor (11.9 miles)
- Stembridge Tower Mill (6.2 miles)
- Fyne Court (6.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, travel trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Brookside Farm Camping cancelation policy
No refunds within 2 days of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 2 day(s) of arrival.
The park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Brookside Farm Camping will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
Hired accommodation: £50.00 ($68.91) damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure after inspection of your unit should no damage/losses be found.
The damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit required on arrival can only be paid for in cash.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/site.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- Does Brookside Farm Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Brookside Farm Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Brookside Farm Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Equestrian centre (horse riding): 15 minutes’ drive - Burnham-on-Sea (seaside resort town): 20 minutes - Fyne Court (National Trust wild garden over a once family home): … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Brookside Farm Camping?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.