This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful glamping site in the scenic Dorset countryside
- A 15-minute drive from Dorchester or 30 minutes from Weymouth
- Smartly furnished bell tents on a working farm
This friendly Dorset spot is about a mile from the quiet village of Piddletrenthide and roughly half an hour's drive from the gorgeous Jurassic Coast. You can get up to lots of country and coastal explores in the area surrounding Redlands Coppice, so book yourself a bell tent, prep a picnic basket and get out there.
After gallivanting around in the local area, you can return to base and relax in spacious farmland, lighting up a barbecue on days when you want to eat your dinner in the open air. When it's time to turn in for the night, that too involves an element of style, as these plush bell tents come complete with cosy furnishings, a roomy double airbed, duvets, pillows and luxurious linen.
In the morning, early risers can head out for a walk around the green farm fields when the dew's still fresh on the grass – accompanied by a dog, if you've brought one – while others may prefer to take a turn of the grounds post-breakfast and walk some of it off. Please keep any pets you've brought on leads when outside the accommodation: the site’s livestock (including the troupe of long-haired Highland cattle) will thank you for it.
Open from 04/01/2021 to 11/01/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
No wifi but had perfect 4g
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Meal delivery to unit/pitch/outdoor seated area
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Small (11-25 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
Dorchester: South Rail Station Coach Stop
— 6.6 miles
6.6 miles Sherborne Coach Stop — 11.1 miles
11.1 miles Milborne Port: Coach Stop — 11.4 miles
- Train stations
Dorchester West Rail Station
— 6.5 miles
6.5 miles Dorchester South Rail Station — 6.6 miles
6.6 miles Maiden Newton Rail Station — 7.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Weymouth Ferry Terminal
— 13.6 miles
13.6 miles Poole Ferry Terminal — 19.6 miles
19.6 miles Poole Quay Ferry Landing — 19.8 miles
Bournemouth International Airport
— 25.6 miles
Looking for low-key local sights? It's roughly a four-mile drive or walk to the splendid Cerne Abbas Giant, a huge chalk figure that guards the local hillside with a fearsome club; Cerne Abbey and St Augustine's Well (10 minutes' drive) are similarly old and atmospheric. For more rural Dorset vibes, head into Dorchester (15 minutes) and mix town and country views on the well-signposted Riverside and Farm Trail.
Slightly further afield, Weymouth (30 minutes) and its beaches, aquarium and sand sculpture exhibit may prove a kid-pleasing option. Those looking for a slightly quieter coastal resort have Seatown (45 minutes) and Lyme Regis (50 minutes) to play with too. Finally, for nature fans, there's Poole Harbour (35 minutes), a spectacular natural haven with wildlife highlights that include RSPB Arne and Brownsea Island.
Want to pair stays at this fancy site with equally luxurious afternoons? You'll very likely find what you're looking for at local La Vie Spa (20 minutes), where there are plenty of soothing packages to choose from. For golf, try Came Down Golf Club (20 minutes), where you can spend your knock-about taking in far-reaching country views.
- Hardy's Birthplace (5.2 miles)
- The Tank Museum (10.6 miles)
- Monkey World - Ape Rescue Centre (11.3 miles)
- Hardy's Cottage (5.2 miles)
- Max Gate (6.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Can bookings for Redlands Coppice be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campground/park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 11/01/2021. Read more
- Does Redlands Coppice have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Redlands Coppice dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Redlands Coppice? Looking for low-key local sights? It's roughly a four-mile drive or walk to the splendid Cerne Abbas Giant, a huge chalk figure that guards the local hillside with a fearsome club; Cerne … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Redlands Coppice?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: noon