This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful Devon farmstead at the gateway to Dartmoor National Park
- A short drive to Dartmoor Zoological Park and Plymouth Ski Centre
- Walks through the surrounding countryside direct from the site
A peaceful farm, right outside Dartmoor, and with spectacular views over the South Downs… you'll have dun well if you've bagged a break here.
This smashing little site is Dunwell Farm, set on a a dairy, beef and sheep farm overlooking Dartmoor National Park among south Devon countryside, and under 10 miles from the Devon seaside at both Mothecombe and Bigbury-on-Sea. There are stunning views from this quiet and rural spot, along with a friendly vibe, loads of green open space, and walks aplenty straight from the grounds… you could say you'll stay here happily heifer after…
The site is a mile and a half outside the village of Ugborough and its two pubs; two and a half miles from the shops and supermarket of Modbury, and three and a half from Wrangaton and a bike rental service. Those hankering after yet more hikes should traverse the four and a half miles to Ivybridge, for access to the many miles of Dartmoor as well as the scenic strolls of the 102-mile Two Moors Way.
Amenities at Dunwell include a block with two showers, two toilets and a baby changing facility, alongside an indoor washing-up area and a small communal fridge.
Groups are welcome. Friendly dogs are allowed too, but since Dunwell is a working farm, the site owners require them to be kept on leads at all times.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
I like a nice quiet place and this was perfect. …
From the manager...
We’re so disappointed to receive this feedback.
Our site advert states that our facilities aren’t open at this time, and it is also stated in your confirmation email. I also made a point of emailing you in addition to this to make sure you were aware that the facilities block was closed which you agreed was fine.
It is impossible for us, as a small business to afford to keep the facilities block cleaned to a covid secure standard for self-contained campers due to the work it entails and we would never compromise safety so have taken the decision to keep the block shut this summer.
We’re sorry that you didn’t enjoy the peaceful nature of our site, we think it’s a selling point, but understand it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. Please accept our apologies if our campsite was not what you were expecting on booking.
Plain simple very rural
No cash accepted on site
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for caravans
- Coach stations
— 2.5 miles
2.5 miles Town Hall — 2.5 miles
2.5 miles Opposite Royal Seven Stars Hotel — 9.0 miles
- Train stations
Ivybridge Rail Station
— 2.1 miles
2.1 miles Totnes Rail Station — 8.9 miles
8.9 miles Plymouth Rail Station — 12.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Cockleridge Ham Ferry Landing
— 6.5 miles
6.5 miles Bantham Ferry Landing — 6.7 miles
6.7 miles Kingsbridge Ferry Landing — 7.6 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 31.6 miles
Venture out on walks and bike rides through the surrounding countryside direct from the site, or to the edge of Dartmoor National Park, around an hour from Dunwell Farm if you're hoofing it rather than driving.
Beaches are within easy reach too, such as Mothecombe, 20 minutes' drive away – a long and sandy stretch that's generally peaceful even in high season as it's privately owned (it's open to the public on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays). Also meander along to Bigbury-on-Sea (25 minutes) for tractor boat rides out to Burgh Island, also accessible via a causeway at low tide, and Challaborough (also 25 minutes), a splendid spot for surfing.
Also within 25 minutes, see big cats at feeding time at Dartmoor Zoological Park, or zip along to the Plymouth Ski and Snowboard Centre for skiing and snowboarding on the longest artificial slope in the south west.
- Dartmoor Zoological Park (6.1 miles)
- Buckfast Abbey (9.1 miles)
- National Marine Aquarium (11.7 miles)
- Saltram (9.5 miles)
- Salcombe: Thurlestone to Torcross (9.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Can bookings for Dunwell Farm be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campground/park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 09/30/2021. Read more
- Does Dunwell Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Dunwell Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Dunwell Farm? Venture out on walks and bike rides through the surrounding countryside direct from the site, or to the edge of Dartmoor National Park, around an hour from Dunwell Farm if you're hoofing … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Dunwell Farm?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.