This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Back to basics site with uninterrupted views over the South Downs
- A 25-minute drive from Chichester; half an hour from Portsmouth
- Direct access to footpaths; walking distance from the South Downs Way
Hundred Acres Camping has space (and plenty of it) for back-to-basics hols in gorgeous green South Down surrounds.
This simple, rural spot is located in a natural meadow on a working farm, so facilities here are low-key (but basics like toilets are covered). It's a splendid pick for outdoor holidays with a human touch – the friendly owners (whose clan have worked this land for over 120 years) are full of advice about what to see while you're here – and they can help you include their favourite country inns in your itineraries, too.
Hundred Acres Camping is kid- and dog-friendly (although canine guests should be kept at a respectful distance from the sheep in the next field over). It's a hub for walkers, cyclists and horsey folk, too – top trails can be accessed directly from the site, including (if you walk for about a quarter of an hour along a bridleway) the long-distance South Downs Way.
An independent local café is about a mile away from site in Compton; a top-rated local pub is a five-minute drive away in West Marden. The closest supermarket is in Petersfield (15 minutes’ drive).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
A good simple option with lots to do locally
Awesome site with very friendly owners. Highly recommend.
Really good camping of the grid with ok loos and water
fantastic place for a weekend away and very nice host. …
So much space! You can pitch where you like so …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
- Coach stations
— 5.2 miles
5.2 miles Dragon Street — 5.3 miles
5.3 miles Precinct — 5.4 miles
- Train stations
Rowlands Castle Rail Station
— 4.6 miles
4.6 miles Petersfield Rail Station — 5.6 miles
5.6 miles Southbourne Rail Station — 6.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Bosham Hoe Ferry Landing
— 8.5 miles
8.5 miles West Itchenor Ferry Landing — 8.9 miles
8.9 miles Hayling Island Ferry Landing — 11.6 miles
— 21.0 miles
21.0 miles Shoreham Brighton City Airport — 26.7 miles
Nearby attractions and activities include:
- South Downs Way: 15 minutes’ walk from site
- Uppark House and Garden: 10 minutes' drive
- The Goodwood Estate: 20 minutes
- Fishbourne Roman Palace: 20 minutes
- Chichester Cathedral: 25 minutes
- Chichester Harbour Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: 25 minutes
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard: 30 minutes
- Arundel Castle: 30 minutes
- WWT Arundel: 30 minutes
- West Wittering beach: 35 minutes.
- Uppark House and Garden (1.2 miles)
- West Dean Gardens (4.9 miles)
- Weald & Downland Open Air Museum (5.6 miles)
- Uppark House and Garden (1.3 miles)
- Petworth House and Park (12.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Hundred Acres Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hundred Acres Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hundred Acres Camping? Nearby attractions and activities include: - South Downs Way: 15 minutes’ walk from site - Uppark House and Garden: 10 minutes' drive - The Goodwood Estate: 20 minutes - Fishbourne Roman Palace: … Read more