This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site on a working farm on the Isle of Wight
- A 20-minute drive from the beaches of Ryde, Shanklin and Cowes
- Kids' playground, cot and high chair hire; Newport within five minutes
It’s 7,000 years ago that the Isle of Wight separated from the mainland. It’s been a holiday spot for... not quite as long but long enough to earn a reputation as a classic family destination.
They know what they’re about at Kids Love Yurts, which is on a small working farm in the countryside, a five-minute drive from Newport, the island’s main town. The site is home to Eric and Ernie, a pair of friendly goats, along with occasional ducks and chickens... naturally, kids love saying hi to them all as well as watching out for the owls and bats who visit the farm.
The site is set up with families in mind: the comfy yurts come with private bathrooms with showers and individual kitchen facilities; you can hire high chairs and cots if you don’t want to lug them along, and when the brood's not asleep, there’s a fab natural play area with a mud kitchen, bug hotel and jumping beams.
Newport’s your nearest port of call for shops and eats, and also worth a drop-in for its Roman villa, walks and picnics beside the Medina river as it winds seawards, and the nature spotting options and bike paths in Pan Mill Meadows.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Convenience store nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Propane/gas cylinders available
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Southsea: Clarence Pier Coach Stop
— 10.0 miles
10.0 miles Portsmouth: The Hard Interchange — 10.4 miles
10.4 miles Portsmouth: Southsea Coach Stop — 10.7 miles
- Train stations
Sandown Rail Station
— 5.1 miles
5.1 miles Smallbrook Junction Rail Station — 5.3 miles
5.3 miles Lake (Isle of Wight) Rail Station — 5.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Fishbourne IOW Ferry Terminal
— 3.9 miles
3.9 miles East Cowes Floating Bridge — 4.9 miles
4.9 miles West Cowes Floating Bridge — 4.9 miles
— 18.5 miles
18.5 miles Bournemouth International Airport — 25.5 miles
Start close to quarters with a trip to Carisbrooke Castle (10 minutes’ drive): Charles I was kept prisoner in the dark Norman dungeon there and they now host regular jousting events. Queen Victoria's holiday place, Osborne House (15 minutes), has a private beach, playgrounds and trails... and kids should have a hoot poring over the vast collection of curios and oddities amassed by their royal counterparts.
There’s a walking path round the entire island, or you could opt for a family-friendly stretch on the Hamsted Heritage Coast from spots like Newtown, 20 minutes away. The salt marshes attract oystercatchers and redshanks, and fossil-hunters have a ball on the beaches around Bouldnor (25 minutes). For the most wild of wildlife it’s a 10-minute trip to meet the rescued marmosets, lemurs and gibbons at Monkey Haven and around the same for the exotic menagerie of Amazon World Zoo
Even if geology’s never got your pulse racing, you’ll be impressed by the Needles, a set of rock formations off the headland, 40 minutes away, along with the chairlift swinging you between cliffs and sea and the multicoloured alum sand.
Ask for beach recommendations and you’ll get a dozen answers: Ventnor, 25 minutes away often scores high for its gently sloping sand and shingle bay, for rockpooling and recreating the Victorian experience in hired replica bathing machines.
- Carisbrooke Castle (2.0 miles)
- Isle of Wight Steam Railway (2.6 miles)
- Osborne House (4.4 miles)
- Newtown Old Town Hall (6.2 miles)
- Brighstone Shop and Museum (6.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Kids Love Yurts have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Kids Love Yurts dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Kids Love Yurts? Start close to quarters with a trip to Carisbrooke Castle (10 minutes’ drive): Charles I was kept prisoner in the dark Norman dungeon there and they now host regular jousting events. Queen ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Kids Love Yurts?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.