This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- A scenic site on a working farm with a well-stocked coarse fishery
- A 10-minute drive to Eccleston; four miles from Junction 27 on the M6
- Café, licensed bar, horse-riding courses and self-catering canteen
Into your angling? Charity Farm Caravan and Camping Park has not one but four coarse-fishing ponds to cast out at, stocked with carp, bream, gudgeon and more. A haven for horse owners too, it also has a handful of cross-country courses and farm rides to trot around.
Those not heading here to reel in some dinner or canter through the grounds can still appreciate the scenery: the site’s on a 115-acre working farm in west Lancashire, sandwiched between open fields, winding country lanes and old woodlands. Heading off on a weekend away? It's a cinch to get here too, as the site's under four miles from the M6’s Junction 27.
Eccleston’s a 10-minute drive away if you need the nearest supermarket, while historical villages like Croston, as well as the pretty Mawdesley, Heskin and Appley Bridge, are all under 15 minutes (or about an hour’s walk). Wigan’s the largest town in the area, about 25 minutes away.
Food and drink facilities are excellent on site, with a café dishing up English breakfast as well as sarnies or simple meals for lunch. Fred’s Pub opens in the evenings during the summer months and vending machines are to hand for quick snacks.
Prefer to crack open a couple of cans in the open air once night falls? Hire a firepit to stay warm after cooking dinner in the self-catering canteen.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Excellent site with clean showers and toilets, friendly staff and …
Great friendly site clean facilities well looked after.
Nice site, lovely staff n clean facilities
Fishing lakes were brilliant and the campsite was clean tidy …
Had a lovely stay for 2 nights besides other guests …
Very clean site, good pitches, nothing to dislike
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: one group at a time
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 4.7 miles
4.7 miles Wigan Bus Station STAND A — 6.2 miles
6.2 miles Bus Station — 7.3 miles
- Train stations
Parbold Rail Station
— 2.6 miles
2.6 miles Appley Bridge Rail Station — 2.7 miles
2.7 miles Hoscar Rail Station — 3.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Belfast Ferry Terminal Bootle
— 16.6 miles
16.6 miles Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal — 18.4 miles
18.4 miles Liverpool Isle of Man & Dublin Terminal — 18.4 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 20.1 miles
20.1 miles Manchester Airport Terminal 2 — 25.3 miles
25.3 miles Manchester Airport Terminal 1 — 25.7 miles
Charity Farm Caravan and Camping Park has a dog exercise area if you’re bringing four-legged friends along on your hol, but for wanders in the wilderness, get along to the heaths and wet meadows of Mere Sands Woods. Red squirrels, stoats and roe deer, along with woodpeckers, sparrowhawks and kingfishers, have been sighted in this nature reserve a 20-minute drive from the park.
All in all, 170 bird species tend to flit through the area; twitchers can also stop off at Martin Mere Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust in Rufford (20 minutes) to see wintering birds like whooper swans and big migration flocks of wigeon.
To get your fill of history, drive the 15 minutes to Rufford Old Hall, known as one of the top 16th-century buildings in Lancashire. This timber-framed Tudor manor has Victorian gardens to wend your way round and woodland walks beside a canal leading towards St Mary's Marina, half a mile away.
More into browsing boutiques? The farmers’ market, classic tea room and independent stores of Heskin Hall Shopping Village are a 10-minute drive from the park.
- Camelot Theme Park (1.6 miles)
- Beacon Country Park (4.4 miles)
- WWT Martin Mere Wetland Centre (5.7 miles)
- Rufford Old Hall (3.8 miles)
- Formby (15.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Charity Farm Caravan and Camping Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Charity Farm Caravan and Camping Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Charity Farm Caravan and Camping Park? Charity Farm Caravan and Camping Park has a dog exercise area if you’re bringing four-legged friends along on your hol, but for wanders in the wilderness, get along to the heaths and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Charity Farm Caravan and Camping Park?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m.