This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Chester's nearest campsite and our little secret
- 15 touring pitches with electrical hookup and 15 grass tent pitches
- please call 01244 335583 or email admin@netherwoodtouringsite to book
A small country site set in the grounds of handsome Netherwood House and with direct access onto the Shropshire Union canal where you can walk your dog or meander into the historic Roman city of Chester (45 minutes walking & 15 minutes by bike). There are also 2 local villages with renowned pubs & restaurants as well as a convenience store & takeaway nearby. It is also well services by local public transport links. The campsite itself was the actual location of the battle of Rowton Moor during the English civil war and has a quiet country feel - perfect for rest & relaxation
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Small (11-25 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Chester: Bus Exchange
— 2.8 miles
2.8 miles Chester Zoo Bus Terminal — 4.2 miles
4.2 miles Ellesmere Port: Bus Station — 7.4 miles
- Train stations
Chester Rail Station
— 2.4 miles
2.4 miles Bache Rail Station — 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Mouldsworth Rail Station — 5.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 16.7 miles
16.7 miles Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal — 17.1 miles
17.1 miles Liverpool Isle of Man & Dublin Terminal — 17.2 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 11.1 miles
11.1 miles Manchester Airport Terminal 2 — 26.3 miles
26.3 miles Manchester Airport — 26.3 miles
From the North (M53/A55 expressway), When on the A41 Whitchurch Rd; pass by 'The Cheshire Cat', then a small row of '9 Houses'. The caravan park is 300yd on your left (after the 9 houses). If you reach the BP garage you have gone too far. From the south A41; when you reach the village signs for Rowton there is a BP garage on your right. The caravan park is 300yd on your right.
Chester zoo (just along the A41),Historic Chester with it's walled city, famous Eastgate clock, tiered shopping boutiques, Storeyhouse Theatre, river cruises, cathedral, falconry & racecourse
Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet village, Flip out trampoline park & Boat Museum
Cheshire Farm Ice Cream Factory, The Candle Workshops, The Crocky Trail, Delamere Forest, Cholmondely & Beeston Castles, Eaton Hall & The Grovensor garden centre
- Cheshire Military Museum (2.6 miles)
- Chester Castle (2.7 miles)
- Chester Cathedral (2.8 miles)
- Speke Hall, Garden and Estate (11.1 miles)
- Mr Hardman's Photographic Studio (16.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Netherwood Touring Site have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Netherwood Touring Site dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Netherwood Touring Site? Chester zoo (just along the A41),Historic Chester with it's walled city, famous Eastgate clock, tiered shopping boutiques, Storeyhouse Theatre, river cruises, cathedral, falconry & racecourse Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet village, Flip out ... Read more