This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Luxury country park with 18-hole golf course and driving range
- With 20 minutes' drive of Alnwick Castle and the Northumbria coast
- Bar, restaurant and coffee lounge; nature walks and free bike hire
Now here’s a nifty way to explore Northumberland… Pick one of the fine and family-sized lodgings at Percy Wood Country Park and prepare for top times, on site and in the surrounding countryside.
This immaculately tended park is around 20 minutes from the coast and Northumberland National Park, in an area filled with ancient castles and monasteries, wild islands, moors and hills.
Percy Wood is the kind of place where you can be as busy or as laidback as you like: if you're on a slow tempo, take in the views of the Cheviot Hills whilst contemplating a leisurely stroll to the coffee lounge or a spot of sustenance at the bar and restaurant. If pursuits more energetic appeal, bikes are free to borrow and there are numerous nature trails to be explored on wheels, on foot and with canine companions.
Golfing sorts can tune up their techniques night and day on the floodlit, 11-bay driving range, tee off on the 18-hole course or try their hand at other high energy challenges on the multisports court, while smaller folks with a restless streak can slide, climb and swing around on the adventure playground.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Whilst we found the caravan up to spec we cannot ...
Public transportation nearby
Lake and/or mountain
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Small (11-25 sites)
- Coach stations
Alnwick Bus Station
— 5.9 miles
5.9 miles Amble (Northumberland): Fourways Bus Stop — 6.6 miles
6.6 miles Morpeth Bus Station — 11.4 miles
- Train stations
Acklington Rail Station
— 4.2 miles
4.2 miles Alnmouth Rail Station — 6.2 miles
6.2 miles Widdrington Rail Station — 8.1 miles
- Ferry ports
North Shields Ferry Terminal
— 25.6 miles
25.6 miles South Shields Ferry Terminal — 26.1 miles
26.1 miles Newcastle International Ferry Terminal — 26.2 miles
Newcastle International Airport
— 20.3 miles
For a cracking country walk and castle combination, Alnwick Castle is 15 minutes’ drive away, with dragon quests and broomstick training for those of magical mindset, tours of the baronial interiors, and a series of walking trails through the surrounding estate. Further fab castles are along the coast at Dunstanburgh and Bamburgh, both half an hour away and with long stretches of wild coast to wander between them.
Island hoppers head to Seahouses (half an hour) and hail boats to the Farne Islands and Lindisfarne: divers flock to the former to explore the shipwrecks, while land rambles deliver seals and puffins in a landscape dotted with ancient ruins. Walking or driving to Lindisfarne is also an option, provided you time the tides right; take walks round the castle and the ruined priory and finish off with warming tipples at the winery.
An exotic collection of residents hangs out at Northumberland Country Zoo (10 minutes), including skunks, chinchillas and Chinese water dragons, while those at Whitehouse Farm Centre (25 minutes) are more of the furry and familiar kind, competing for the kids’ attention with indoor go-karts, adventure playgrounds and tractor rides.
Beamish Open Air Museum tells the story of Northumbria, urban and rural, over the past two centuries and the wildlife filled bogs and heaths of the Whitelee Moor National Nature Reserve could belong to another world; both are an hour away.
- Cragside House, Gardens and Estate (5.5 miles)
- Warkworth Castle (5.5 miles)
- Alnwick Castle (6.1 miles)
- Cragside (5.6 miles)
- Dunstanburgh Castle (11.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Percy Wood Country Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Percy Wood Country Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Percy Wood Country Park? For a cracking country walk and castle combination, Alnwick Castle is 15 minutes’ drive away, with dragon quests and broomstick training for those of magical mindset, tours of the baronial interiors, and ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Percy Wood Country Park?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.