This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small, peaceful wildlife haven at the base of the Shropshire Hills
- A 35-minute drive from the Carding Mill Valley and the Long Mynd
- Free tea and coffee; firepits in the wood or meadow; pub nearby
A back-to-basics retreat surrounded by ample countryside ambles high up there on your holiday goals? Powkesmore Holding should certainly be up your street. At the foot of Brown Clee Hill, Shropshire’s highest summit, Powkesmore Holding is simply peaceful and simply basic, as this small site is all about being in a wildlife haven surrounded by the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – but still 20 minutes’ drive away from Bridgnorth for that livelier way of life.
Brought back to life in 2001, this site has been transformed from the uninhabitable (where water was drawn from a well) to a splendid wildlife haven with five acres of woodland and pasture. With an ethos for conservation, it’s now a place where refugee pheasants often take up residence.
After 20 years of the owners' hard work and admiration for the destination, the site has some bells and whistles, including an amenities block and running water. As well as free tea and coffee, there are firepits in the woods or meadow when guests fancy rustling up an open campfire.
For other food and drink needs, there’s a pub five minutes’ drive away from the site, just the spot to relax with a beer in hand.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Nice, quiet campsite. Great facilities, which are kept clean. Additional …
Perfect in every way
We really enjoyed our stay. The couple that ran the …
Excellent site clean facilities
Excellent site with good facilities and some of the nicest owners.
Such a lovely site and brilliant for stargazing!
Excellent site clean facilities. Kitchen and usb charging.
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
- Coach stations
— 14.0 miles
14.0 miles Bus Station — 16.1 miles
16.1 miles Rural Cottages — 18.7 miles
- Train stations
Church Stretton Rail Station
— 9.0 miles
9.0 miles Ludlow Rail Station — 9.9 miles
9.9 miles Craven Arms Rail Station — 10.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 53.6 miles
Birmingham International Airport Terminal 2
— 36.8 miles
This area is a maze of market towns, and you’ll have a few a short drive away to map your way out to… perhaps Bridgnorth (20 minutes’ drive), Ludlow (half an hour) or Shrewsbury (50 minutes), where picking up knick-knacks is a treat if you time your visit right.
What about those places that were often haunted by the society of old? Well, Stokesay Castle (half an hour) is a 13th-century manor house with a moat, while Attingham Park (40 minutes) is a proper sight to behold, thanks to the National Trust mansion and deer park.
If you thought a hill couldn’t be historic too, then the Stiperstones (an hour) is likely to prove you wrong. The hiking trails count off ancient cairns, hill forts and lead mines. Carding Mill Valley and the Long Mynd (35 minutes) is another prime area for hilly hikes, while Clun Castle (40 minutes) continues the tour of older times, as the 11th-century ruins are a fine example of what was once a motte-and-bailey fortress.
- Much Wenlock Priory (7.1 miles)
- Enginuity (10.1 miles)
- Ironbridge Gorge Museums (10.2 miles)
- Wilderhope Manor (3.8 miles)
- Dudmaston Estate (9.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Powkesmore Holding have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Powkesmore Holding dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Powkesmore Holding? This area is a maze of market towns, and you’ll have a few a short drive away to map your way out to… perhaps Bridgnorth (20 minutes’ drive), Ludlow (half an hour) … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Powkesmore Holding?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
If no one is there to greet you, please choose a pitch on the meadow away from overhanging trees.Read more