This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
This award-winning five-star touring park is set in attractive undulating tree-fringed land close to Shrewsbury town centre and is well situated for visiting Ironbridge and the Welsh Marches. Facilities are maintained to the highest standards and include a fully centrally heated toilet and shower block, laundry room and vegetable prep room. There is also a well-stocked shop selling both food and caravan accessories. Dogs are welcome at a maximum of two per pitch. Three pubs / restaurants are within walking distance and a unique benefit is the adjacent park and ride service to Shrewsbury.
The park offers a number of both hardstanding and grass pitches which all come with electricity and digital TV. Super pitches are also available supplying water and grey waste disposal. Families can take advantage of the children’s play area or for more peace and quiet, can choose to book a pitch in the adults-only section. The campsite also sits next to Oxon Pool, which offers fishing for visitors to the park. A day tickets costs £7 and is available from the park reception.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Propane/gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Leave the car at home
Horseback riding nearby
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 sites)
- Coach stations
Shrewsbury: Bus Station Raven Meadows
— 2.3 miles
2.3 miles Ford (Shrops): A458 Coach Stop — 2.5 miles
2.5 miles Nesscliffe (Shrops): Coach Stop — 5.9 miles
- Train stations
Shrewsbury Rail Station
— 2.4 miles
2.4 miles Yorton Rail Station — 6.9 miles
6.9 miles Wem Rail Station — 10.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 47.5 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 42.9 miles
The Touring Park is located just off the A458 Welshpool road on the North-western side of Shrewsbury.
Follow the signs for the Oxon Park and ride from the Welshpool island on the A5 Shrewsbury by-pass.
This is the point at which the A5 crosses the A458 Welshpool Road.
The entrance to the park is a quarter of a mile towards the town centre just past the Co-op supermarket on the left.
Oxon Hall Touring Park is an ideal base for exploring Shrewsbury and the surrounding area of Shropshire. As well as the ancient town itself, the area is one of the most interesting you’ll find anywhere in Britain. There’s everything from the castles of the Welsh Borders to the place which was the inspiration for Middle Earth in The Lord of the Rings, to the town which was the home of the Industrial Revolution. And it’s all within about an hour’s drive of Oxon Hall.
Oxon Hall is open all year as are most of the surrounding attractions, but it doesn’t really matter when you visit because Shropshire is surely one of the least well publicised tourist areas in Britain.
- Much Wenlock Priory (13.4 miles)
- Darby Houses (Ironbridge) (14.1 miles)
- Blists Hill Victorian Town (14.3 miles)
- Attingham Park Estate: Cronkhill (6.1 miles)
- Attingham Park (6.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Oxon Hall Touring & Holiday Home Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Oxon Hall Touring & Holiday Home Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Oxon Hall Touring & Holiday Home Park? Oxon Hall Touring Park is an ideal base for exploring Shrewsbury and the surrounding area of Shropshire. As well as the ancient town itself, the area is one of the most interesting ... Read more