Frequently Asked Questions
- How do we find out about bookings?
Pitchup.com booking confirmation emails are immediately sent to the customer AND to the email address specified for your site (not the Manager's email address). Please check email regularly to ensure that last-minute bookings aren't a surprise! To find out how to copy other email addresses into your booking notification emails, click here.
We show all bookings in a 'Bookings' tab within your manager portal, and we automatically reduce your allocation - so you have full visibility of the remaining allocation.
You can download a spreadsheet of all your bookings over any date range, and they are also available as a live calendar feed.
- How does the booking system work?
Here's how the process works for bookable sites:
- Manager specifies pitch types, allocation, prices, extras and minimum-stay rules (all changeable at any time).
- Pitchup.com displays matching accommodation and prices to the user at the top of search results.
- We take the booking via a simple one-page booking form, taking our commission as a deposit, and send a confirmation email, copied to your email address. All bookings are also displayed in the "Bookings" tab across the top of your manager portal.
- Site collects the remaining balance from customer on arrival, or if you are signed up to Payup to collect payment in advance, the remaining balance will be automatically debited from the customer’s payment card on the payment ‘due date’. Pitchup.com calculates this using the payment date settings entered in your portal and the payment will be made direct to your Stripe account. Where the booking is payable ‘as soon as possible’, Pitchup.com will take the full payment at the time of booking and the balance payment will go directly into your Stripe account. You can specify your own cancellation and payment policies - all customisable on Pitchup.com.
- No further commission is due.