This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Remote and rural Lancashire site in a peaceful forest clearing
- Roughly a mile from Stocks Reservoir; Settle railway 25 minutes' drive
- An accredited Dark Sky Discovery site; café open seven days a week
Gisburn Forest Hub is a simple site set in a forest clearing in a remote part of eastern Lancashire. Surrounded by trees and roughly a mile from the edge of Stocks Reservoir, guests staying here can look forward to inner peace and seclusion – including after dark, as this is an accredited Dark Sky Discovery site.
Gisburn Forest Hub is also the gateway to some of this area's best and most adventurous mountain bike trails (although there's a variety of routes to choose from if you're holidaying with guests who have limited range). The area is full of fab walks too, as it lies on the edge of the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is a short drive from the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Amenities here include a café that serves drinks and snacks seven days a week, a beer garden and a toilet and shower block (new units open for summer 2021). A short walk away, there is also a forest glade with an outdoor performance space – head here to see arts and music events on weekends.
In terms of location, Gisburn Forest Hub is handily located about three miles from the small village of Tosside (where there is a tea rooms), 25 minutes’ drive from Settle and its scenic railway route to the Lakes or half an hour from Clitheroe and the river Ribble.
Please note, due to the location of this pop-up campsite there may be midges around; repellent is available to purchase in the café if required.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great little pop up campsite
Friendly staff, lovely location, great atmosphere on the camp site …
It was all amazing Especially the firepit in the woods …
Excellent site, staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
Fantastic value, we'll certainly be back.
Brilliant night away in a Bell Tent.friendly people, beautiful place!
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 21.6 kilometres
21.6 kilometres Bus Station — 21.6 kilometres
21.6 kilometres Town Hall — 21.9 kilometres
- Train stations
Giggleswick Rail Station
— 8.9 kilometres
8.9 kilometres Long Preston Rail Station — 9.0 kilometres
9.0 kilometres Settle Rail Station — 10.3 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Heysham Ferry Terminal
— 34.5 kilometres
34.5 kilometres Knott End-On-Sea Ferry Landing — 40.7 kilometres
40.7 kilometres Fleetwood for Knott End Ferry Landing — 41.3 kilometres
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 50.0 kilometres
Local attraction and activities include:
- Stocks Reservoir: a short walk from site
- Slaidburn (attractive nearby village with a chocolate shop): 10 minutes' drive
- Settle: 25 minutes
- Pendle Hill: 30 minutes
- Thornton Hall Country Park: 30 minutes
- Skipton Castle: 35 minutes
- Malham Tarn: 40 minutes
- Hawes (waterfalls and Wensleydale cheese factory): an hour.
- Beacon Fell Country Park (22.1 kilometres)
- Gawthorpe Hall (22.7 kilometres)
- Lancaster Castle (27.7 kilometres)
- Malham Tarn Estate (18.0 kilometres)
- Gawthorpe Hall (22.8 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Gisburn Forest Hub have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Gisburn Forest Hub dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Gisburn Forest Hub? Local attraction and activities include: - Stocks Reservoir: a short walk from site - Slaidburn (attractive nearby village with a chocolate shop): 10 minutes' drive - Settle: 25 minutes - Pendle Hill: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Gisburn Forest Hub?
Camping and caravan Arrive: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.