Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Small site in the Cumbria countryside, 15 minutes' drive from Kendal
- Between the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales, three miles from the M6
- Activities on site including archery, quad biking and axe throwing
Holmescales Campsite is a small friendly site in the Cumbria countryside, five minutes’ drive from the hamlet of Old Hutton and 15 minutes from Kendal.
This is a handy spot for getting out into the fresh air, as it’s just in between the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales National Park; being a mere three miles from the M6 and four miles from Oxenholme railway station means it’s also a nifty stopover point for those heading to/from Scotland.
Life on site is pretty peaceful: each pitch has a view of the Lakeland fells, and you’ll often spot farm animals and wildlife in the surroundings too. Couples, families and well-behaved dogs on leads are all welcome to stay here, and barbecues and campfires are permitted to enhance those rural evenings on site (although there are several excellent pubs and restaurants within a few minutes’ drive too…)
If it all sounds a tad too laidback, fear not – the folk here run a good set of activities on site (at an extra cost; you'll need to book ahead) so you can challenge yourselves to days spent quad biking, clay pigeon shooting or trying out archery, air rifles, crossbows and axe throwing.
Open from 03/31/2023 to 12/03/2023
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
The campground/park caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
This is a quiet campground/park: no music is allowed.
The campground/park does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dog Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro).
Group bookings of 2 or more units (e.g. tent, caravan, motorhome or accommodation hire) travelling together are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
Please note that the toilet/shower facilities are unisex.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the campground/park are unlit.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Unpowered grass site
Max. persons: 6 x
One Motorhome or Campervan or Camper trailer or Tent or Caravan allowed per site
Site size : Max 10.0m width x 10.0m depth (32.8ft width x 32.8ft depth) Calculated area: 100.0m² (1076.4ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar ($), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Lovely remote setting with clean facilities
A very well placed clean site with basic facilities
Clean facilities and spacious pitched. Everything we needed for our …
Nice small site with fantastic views pitches we're very generous
Lovely site wonderful view and friendly people.
Excellent service, pitch and views. Overall amazing time here :)
Lovely views. Not much privacy from pitches behind you
From the manager...
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. sorry you did not enjoy your stay; Bank holidays are always busy I'm afraid and in high demand but thank you for your comments many thanks.
Suited me down to the ground! No expensive distractions for the kids,
From the manager...
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it.
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 7.2 kilometres
7.2 kilometres Bus Station — 7.2 kilometres
7.2 kilometres Bus Station — 7.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Oxenholme Lake District Rail Station
— 4.1 kilometres
4.1 kilometres Kendal Rail Station — 7.3 kilometres
7.3 kilometres Burneside (Cumbria) Rail Station — 10.4 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Fell Foot Country Park Ferry Landing
— 17.4 kilometres
17.4 kilometres Lakeside Windermere Ferry Landing — 17.6 kilometres
17.6 kilometres Bowness Ferry Nab Ferry Landing — 18.3 kilometres
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 80.9 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Lakeland Maze Farm Park: five minutes’ drive
- Sizergh Castle: 10 minutes
- Levens Hall (mansion with lovely gardens): 10 minutes
- Hawkshead Brewery: 20 minutes
- Lakeland Motor Museum: 25 minutes
- Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway: 25 minutes
- Windermere (boat museum, steam boat rides): half an hour
- White Scar Cave: half an hour
- South Lakes Safari Zoo: 40 minutes.
- Sizergh Castle and Garden (5.7 kilometres)
- Levens Hall & Gardens (6.3 kilometres)
- Blackwell, The Arts & Craft House (17.3 kilometres)
- Sizergh Castle and Garden (5.7 kilometres)
- Fell Foot Park (17.3 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and caravan|
|Arrive:||1:30 p.m. –||5 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12:30 p.m.|
Please call or text when you are close to arriving.
Holmescales Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
The campground/park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Holmescales Campsite will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Holmescales Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Holmescales Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Holmescales Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Lakeland Maze Farm Park: five minutes’ drive - Sizergh Castle: 10 minutes - Levens Hall (mansion with lovely gardens): 10 minutes - Hawkshead Brewery: 20 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Holmescales Campsite?
Camping and caravan Arrive: 1:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 12:30 p.m.
Please call or text when you are close to arriving.Read more
- How much does it cost to stay at Holmescales Campsite? From $47.88 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability