Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Smart, well-equipped yurts on a family-run Lake District farm
- A 10-minute drive from Derwentwater and 20 from Keswick
- Next to the Derwent river, with fab views of Borrowdale
Inside Out Camping Yurts at Seatoller is a glamping site in a quiet corner of a family-run farm in the Lake District National Park, 20 minutes’ drive from Keswick.
This is an excellent spot for folk planning outdoorsy activities on their Cumbria hols: guests can walk straight out to some of the park’s highest hills, including both Scafell Pike and Great Gable. Watersports, boat trips and climbing outings are all within easy reach, and it’s a short five-minute drive to the fab Honister Mine for underground tours and via ferrata climbing.
Stunning scenery isn’t just the preserve of those who head out hiking, however – those who’d rather settle in on site can still gaze out over the Borrowdale Valley or take a gentle wander by the Derwent river, which runs past the site. The woodland that runs next to the farm hosts all sorts of wildlife so you may also spot owls, woodpeckers and other passing birds on site.
Each of the site’s five-metre yurts is kitted out with a woodburning stove, solar lights, futon beds, a well-equipped kitchen with gas cooker, and an outdoor area with barbecue and seating. There’s a cold water tap close to the yurts, and toilets are a couple of minutes’ walk away. Free showers, with plenty of hot water, are a five-minute walk away in a converted barn.
Open from 04/03/2020 to 11/02/2020
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Single-sex bookings of 10 or more people (couples and immediate family members excepted) are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
No cars/motorcycles at the site. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
Please note : dogs are not allowed on the furniture at any time.
Check availability at Inside Out Camping Yurts at Seatoller…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Max. persons||5 x
(1 x double sofa/futon, 1 x single airbed, 2 x single sofa/futon)
|No toilets in the unit: shared facilities available.|
|No showers in the unit: shared facilities available.|
|Please bring your own towels and bed linen.|
|Doona and pillows|
|Beds made up|
|Gas and electricity included|
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar ($), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Great location&facilities - will be here again.
From the manager...
Hi Katie - Thanks for taking time to review and comment. Glad you enjoyed your stay and would welcome you back anytime. Simon
All said really... Lovely site, lovely location,
From the manager...
Hi Guys - really good to have met you this week. Thanks very much for such positive comments and pleased enjoyed your stay so much. Simon.
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Lake and/or mountain
- Coach stations
Thirlmere Coach Stop
— 8.9 kilometres
8.9 kilometres Keswick: Bus Station — 10.1 kilometres
10.1 kilometres Grasmere Coach Stop — 11.6 kilometres
- Train stations
Windermere Rail Station
— 22.6 kilometres
22.6 kilometres Drigg Rail Station — 23.4 kilometres
23.4 kilometres Ravenglass Rail Station — 23.5 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Lodore Falls Derwentwater Ferry Landing
— 5.9 kilometres
5.9 kilometres High Brandelhow Ferry Landing — 6.2 kilometres
6.2 kilometres Low Brandelhow Derwentwater Ferry Landing — 7.1 kilometres
Newcastle International Airport
— 110.4 kilometres
Take the B5289 south from Keswick for approximately 7.5 miles. Before you are in Seatoller, make a left turn for Seathwaite. The yurts are in the field on the left, immediately after a small bridge 10 metres from the junction (you should see them easily from the road).
A bus service runs between Keswick and Seatoller during the day.
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Honister Slate Mine (underground tours and via ferrata climbing): five minutes’ drive
- Derwentwater boat hire: 10 minutes
- Catbells (fell walks): 15 minutes
- Keswick (pencil museum, brewery, swimming pool and theatre): 20 minutes
- Castlerigg stone circle: 25 minutes
- Lake District Wildlife Park: half an hour
- Helvellyn (mountain biking and hikes): half an hour
- Rydal Hall Gardens: 40 minutes.
- Cars of the Stars Motor Museum (10.0 kilometres)
- Whinlatter Forest & Visitor Centre (10.7 kilometres)
- Castlerigg Stone Circle (11.0 kilometres)
- Grasmere and Great Langdale (12.5 kilometres)
- Wasdale, Eskdale and Duddon (15.4 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Inside Out Camping Yurts at Seatoller cancellation policy
No refunds within 4 weeks of arrival date.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Inside Out Camping Yurts at Seatoller will debit the balance from your card 4 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 4 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Inside Out Camping Yurts at Seatoller have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Inside Out Camping Yurts at Seatoller dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Inside Out Camping Yurts at Seatoller? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Honister Slate Mine (underground tours and via ferrata climbing): five minutes’ drive - Derwentwater boat hire: 10 minutes - Catbells (fell walks): 15 minutes - Keswick ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Inside Out Camping Yurts at Seatoller?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Inside Out Camping Yurts at Seatoller? From $581.84 (for 3 nights, 5 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability