This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small rural site in the Belgian countryside by the Molignée river
- Fishing, play area, pétanque and stone barbecue all available
- Restaurant and bar with heated terrace
Belgian beers and Belgian bites... and on a heated bar-restaurant terrace: sound just Belgian brilliant? Take your Wallonian wanderings to Camping Cobut in the Namur province by the Molignée river.
You can sort all your main eats here, as the restaurant opens for breakfast then lunch then dinner, and a big communal barbecue is on site if you opt for doing it all yourself. To pick up bits (more Belgian beer and Belgian bites...?) for riverside picnics, freshly baked rolls can be ordered from the team and the site is under two kilometres from the village of Falaën.
Camping Cobut is a small rural site in the Molignée valley, about 35 minutes' drive from the Wallonian capital of Namur. There's easy access in the surrounding countryside to woodland and hilly hiking trails, on- and off-road bike paths, and to the four-seater rail-bikes of the Molignée on the old railway track 50 metres from the site. Kayaking, cable car rides, mountain biking and zipwiring are all available at Dinant 20 minutes' drive away.
Facilities include a playground and a pétanque court (borrow boules from the bar), alongside well-kept amenities of showers, toilets and a water tap, all in the main building. Guests can fish in the river if they bag a Walloon fishing licence first from the Belgian post office; the nearest is in Onhaye 10 minutes' drive away.
The bar-restaurant terrace is heated on cooler evenings in spring and autumn.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Bring your bike (motor if poss) on your Belgian adventure if you can: a marked path of 160 kilometres nearby for bikers has heaps of scenic routes to investigate, while Flanders and the Netherlands are within simple zipping distance.
Three options await if you're trying out the Molignée valley rail-bikes (you surely should): one on an eight-kilometre journey from Falaën to Maredsous, another of the same distance from Warnant to Falaën, and the third a 14-kilometre puff taking in all three via famed Maredsous Abbey.
Make a day of your rail-bike adventures by adding a kayaking trip for 12 kilometres down the Lesse river (available to book from the start of April until the end of October), or by whizzing along to Dinant Adventure Park for watery and landlubbing challenges. More watersports are at the Eau d'Heure lake in Boussu-Lez-Walcourt, half an hour's drive from the site.
Other days out include wandering around the fortified citadel of Namur and its Namur Provincial Museum of Ancient Arts, or keeping up the active theme with a trip to Aventure Parc in Wavre just under an hour's drive north.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Cobut have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Cobut dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Cobut? Bring your bike (motor if poss) on your Belgian adventure if you can: a marked path of 160 kilometres nearby for bikers has heaps of scenic routes to investigate, while Flanders and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Cobut?
Camping and touring Arrive: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon
Reception is not manned until 5pm. Please inform the site while on your way there should you expect to arrive before this time, so that the team can provide information about your unit/pitch.Read more