Book your outdoor accommodation stay now to secure the best deals during the 'Tour de Yorkshire' – from £60 for three nights!
Déc 10 2013 Posté par Samantha Marsh
Campsites and holiday parks on the tour route can be a whopping 10 times cheaper than staying in a hotel
But Pitchup.com founder predicts prices may double nearer the time - so early booking is essential
Tour takes place on 5/6 July 2014
When the Tour de France hits Yorkshire next summer, outdoor accommodation specialist Pitchup.com says the best option for affordable accommodation is to book a camp, glamp or caravan site. The online travel agent is also recommending travellers should book now to secure the best prices.
Research has shown that visitors hoping to stay in Yorkshire during the tour can expect to pay as much as £800 for a weekend break in a luxury serviced apartment, while those choosing to stay on a campsite or caravan park can take their pick from prices as low as £60 for three nights. For those who want to see the Grand Départ next summer, outdoor accommodation is the way to do it without breaking the bank.
Pitchup.com features 40 bookable sites in Yorkshire, many of which are close to the Tour de France route as it winds its way through the county’s coast, countryside and cities.
Amongst those on offer over the Grand Départ weekend is Spen House Camping and Caravan Site in Boroughbridge. Sitting directly on the route this is an ideal choice for cycling fans. Prices at the site start from just £77 for a three night stay during the Tour on a grass pitch with electric. A bargain considering that hotels in the likes of York are charging at least three times that and some as much as 10 times! The site also welcomes dogs at no extra charge.
Spen House is a large family run site offering a vast space for tents, caravans and motorhomes across two fields. The site also offers a shower block and washing up facilities for guests' use.
Other options in Yorkshire include:
- Hillside Caravan Park – large nine-acre site near Thirsk. The well equipped site offers hard-standing pitches which are suitable for tents, caravans and motorhomes. Facilities include water and electric hook-ups, TV points, wifi, a children’s play area and a heated amenities block. Prices during the tour start from £30 per night.
- Book now to secure one of the few pods still available at Yapham Holds Farmhouse Campsite. Located close to York, this peaceful site offers traditional tent and caravan pitches alongside camping pods. The luxury pods come complete with a double bed, heating, indoor and outdoor lighting, TV/DVD player and picnic benches. Prices are from £50 per night over the Tour weekend, with a minimum two night stay.
- Glampers also have the pick of properly priced accommodation over the weekend at Richmond’s Hillcrest Park, which is offering family camping pods sleeping up to four adults from £300 for four nights over the Grand Départ – dogs are welcome too at no extra charge. All guests have access to the cosy and clean loo and shower facilities, dishwashing area and launderette. Richmond and Barnard Castle are both within a short drive.
- The Hideaway at Baxby Manor is a small and relaxed site offering just 40 pitches across a six acre field. The non-electric pitches start from £20 per night. Facilities on site include a new log cabin-style heated shower block. The site is just a short stroll from the local village where visitors will find a shop and pub. Walk and cycle routes are available from the doorstep. The site welcomes quiet visitors with a strict no noise policy after 11pm.
- Those travelling with their own caravan will find a lovely spot at Otterington Park near Thirsk. On site there is a private fishing lake, stream side walks, secluded picnic areas and washing facilities. Gravel pitches offer electric hook-ups and ample space for a standard vehicle. Prices during the Tour start from £23 per night.
For a full breakdown of sites in the Yorkshire area visit http://www.pitchup.com/campsites/England/North_East/.
For more information visit www.pitchup.com
Cass Helstrip, Samantha Marsh or Jardine Howlett at White Tiger PR
Cass.email@example.com 07968 255464
Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org 07711 265666
Jardine.email@example.com 07866 508737
Notes to editors
Founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com man, Dan Yates, multi-award winning Pitchup.com is a free guide to all types of outdoor accommodation in the UK, Ireland and France. The site provides users with a simple platform in which they can search and book an outdoor holiday with total ease. The customer experience from landing on the home page through to booking a holiday can be completed in as little as four pages. The site also goes beyond traditional searches by allowing users to search for accommodation based on more than 80 criteria, such as adults only and campfires allowed, and view nearby events, Good Pub Guide pubs and VisitBritain attractions. Users can also search on the offers page to find the best deals available. Pitchup.com features over 5,000 UK wide camping and caravanning sites/parks with France recently added into the equation. It enables users to search for all types of parks and sites from the major brands right through to one off campsites and unique outdoor accommodation options, which may not have previously had a web presence.