This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful eight-hectare mountain site bordered by a stream
- Two small ponds, one for trout fishing and another for swimming
- Covered pool, bouncy castle, trampoline and sandpit; campfires allowed
A lofty 730 metres above sea level, Camping La Steniole is set across eight lush and leafy acres and bordered by a peaceful stream. Outdoorsy sports for all sorts are around the local area, such as water-based pursuits like canoeing, windsurfing, sailing and fishing in local lakes and, for braver souls, paragliding and bungee jumping.
The site has a small pond for catch and release trout fishing, and another for simple swimming and splashing. If you’re keener on your water play being contained in a tiled pool, a heated seasonal one on site is where you can head instead.
This peaceful family park also has a playground with a bouncy castle, slide, swings, a climbing rope and a sandpit, as well as a football pitch and tennis, volleyball and pétanque courts for games involving spheres of all sorts of sizes; a TV room is also at guests’ disposal should offspring at any point find they need a French cartoon fix. For more relaxing spells, there's plenty of space around the pool’s sun terrace to laze around at, and oceans of room around the grounds for pleasant ambles.
In high season, La Steniole’s restaurant serves pizzas cooked expertly in its woodfired oven. Barbecues and campfires are allowed, so snag yourself a few top-notch saucissons from the local town’s butcher’s to sizzle up back at base.
Pitches, say previous guests, are pleasantly shaded and well spaced out, and the showers and toilets spotless.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
To thoroughly amuse tiddlers, a visit to Ecoparc Junior, half an hour’s drive away, should be high up on the list of things to get stuck into: wilderness games and ecology awareness trails are set across two hectares along the banks of the Cleurie river, as well as a nature walk broken up by suspended rope bridges, tunnels and nets.
For something water-based, head to the lakes of Gérardmer and Longemer, both south of the site and easily reached by car. Or should you want to take things especially easy, head to the thermal springs in Vittel, Plombières, Contrexéville and Bains les Bains, all within an hour and 15 minutes’ drive.
Also within easy reach is the Fraispertuis City theme park at Jeanménil, about 40 minutes’ drive away.
- Does Camping La Steniole have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping La Steniole dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping La Steniole? To thoroughly amuse tiddlers, a visit to Ecoparc Junior, half an hour’s drive away, should be high up on the list of things to get stuck into: wilderness games and ecology awareness … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping La Steniole?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.