This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-run site right by the sea
- Eight kilometres from ancient Paestum
- Restaurant, café, football pitch and pétanque court
Views, views and yet more views… you may want to stay at Campeggio La Foce dei Tramonti to soak up the scenery for some time. (And the ancientness: it's all only eight kilometres or so from there to the fab old temple ruins of Paestum.)
Set in the Salerno province and run by the Guerra family, Campeggio La Foce dei Tramonti is right by the sea and prettily placed between its waters and the delta of the Sele river, with first-rate views over the Gulf of Salerno.
The site has a restaurant dishing up regional recipes and stonebaked pizzas; a café for morning tea and coffee, and a small grocery shop selling essentials during high season. Sports tournaments, gym classes and a kids' club are among the many activities and entertainment events held in July and August.
Other facilities include a pétanque court, a five-a-side football pitch and a volleyball court.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
The scenery here is spectacular, but the history around Campeggio La Foce dei Tramonti is rather fab too: it's near the ancient archaeological sites of Paestum, the remains of the major Greek city that mostly centre around its city walls, amphitheatre and three well-preserved temples over two and a half thousand years old. The tale of all is told at the Paestum National Archaeological Museum.
Salerno is also a main Campania region for the production of buffalo mozzarella, the white cheese made from the milk of the Italian water buffalo. Several cheesy tours are available in the area for those who want to investigate this (and the local wine) further.
For city days out, Salerno is about 25 minutes away and well connected to Positano and Capri (as well as to the Amalfi coast), and Pompei, Vesuvio and Naples are all within an hour's drive.
Swimming, snorkelling and other watersports are available close to the site in the Campania coastal waters.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Campeggio La Foce dei Tramonti have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Campeggio La Foce dei Tramonti dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Campeggio La Foce dei Tramonti? The scenery here is spectacular, but the history around Campeggio La Foce dei Tramonti is rather fab too: it's near the ancient archaeological sites of Paestum, the remains of the major Greek … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Campeggio La Foce dei Tramonti?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 11:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.