This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Friendly site near Moretonhampstead with plenty of outdoor space
- Sports field, skate park, play area and function room on site
- Large outdoor pool and three trout fishing lakes a short walk away
Secluded, serene and scenic... settle here for a peaceful rural stay.
Friendly and locally run Dartmoor Camping is in the Wray valley, in a quiet countryside setting within easy reach of Devon attractions and activities to keep all ages entertained for weeks. It's deep in Dartmoor National Park, half a mile from the village of Moretonhampstead and within easy ambling distance of three trout fishing lakes; Newton Abbot is half an hour's drive away and the south Devon coast at Teignmouth within 40.
Camping pitches are on a flat grassy field with shelter all around, on a site surrounded by moorland and with a stream running through the grounds. The site owners rightly point out this is a tad different from other local sites: high-quality facilities including a sports field, skate park, play area are all available free of charge to campers. Guests can also pay to use the fully-equipped gym (after an induction), or hire function rooms, badminton and tennis courts.
The main building is open until 9pm most evenings with access to hot showers and toilets available 24 hours.
For supplies and info, Moretonhampstead village has an award-wining butcher's, tearooms, pubs, restaurants, a post office a bank and a general shop.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Nice place clean and ideal location
From the manager...
Thank you for your comments, we are pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay.
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Propane/gas cylinders available
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Medium (26-50 sites)
- Coach stations
Ashburton: Bull Ring Bus Stop
— 15.8 kilometres
15.8 kilometres Exeter: St Davids Rail Station Coach Stop — 18.1 kilometres
18.1 kilometres Newton Abbot: Lay by Coach Stop — 18.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Yeoford Rail Station
— 13.7 kilometres
13.7 kilometres Crediton Rail Station — 16.6 kilometres
16.6 kilometres Copplestone Rail Station — 17.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Topsham Lock Ferry Landing
— 21.5 kilometres
21.5 kilometres Turf Lock Inn Ferry Landing — 21.6 kilometres
21.6 kilometres Topsham Ferry Landing — 21.7 kilometres
Exeter International Airport
— 26.4 kilometres
Moretonhampstead village, the Greenhill Arts Gallery, Moretonhampstead Motor Museum and the local fishery are all within walking distance of the site; Moretonhampstead is also home to a big summer pool with loads of sunbathing space. Local and scenic hiking and biking routes such as the Wray Valley Way are plentiful around these parts too.
If you're on hol with kids, take the bus from town to The Miniature Pony Centre at Wormhill Farm (30 minutes, or 10 by car), where mini adventurers can feed, ride and greet ponies and foals, book a pony ride or canter around the indoor and outdoor play areas. More grownup pursuits are at Bovey Castle (10 minutes' drive or 40 by bus), where non-residents can use the leisure and spa facilities or book a round of golf.
Heading coastwards, the fab nature reserve of Dawlish Warren and the seaside resorts of Torquay and Paignton are 45 to 50 minutes from the site.
- Castle Drogo (5.1 kilometres)
- Buckfast Abbey (18.2 kilometres)
- Exeter Cathedral - Church of Saint Peter (18.6 kilometres)
- Castle Drogo (5.1 kilometres)
- The Church House (9.4 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Dartmoor Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Dartmoor Camping dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Dartmoor Camping? Moretonhampstead village, the Greenhill Arts Gallery, Moretonhampstead Motor Museum and the local fishery are all within walking distance of the site; Moretonhampstead is also home to a big summer pool with loads ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Dartmoor Camping?
Please note arrival times vary:Read more
Monday/Wednesday/Thursday: 1pm - 9pm
Tuesday: 10am - 9pm
Friday: 10am - 8pm
Saturday: 10am - 6pm
Sunday: 10am - 12.30pm
Departures by 10am